Monday, July 19, 2010

Bread Ka Halwa and few more halwas !!!

Hello friends,


Hope you all had a great weekend. I did :)


When I was reading this halwa recipe @ Ash's, I had to make it. It looked so tempting. I am going to list the ingredients here as I have reduced the quantity because I did not want to make the entire loaf but please check the process at her blog. See, I am making you all work to get the recipe... lol


Bread Ka Halwa - ब्रेअड का हलवा (Bread Pudding)


Ingredients
Bread Slices - 5, I used brown ones
Milk - 1.5 cups (I used skim)
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 4 tbsp
Kaju and Kishmish - 1 tbsp each, fried in little ghee
Preparation

  • Click here for the recipe.

Serving
Like Ash said, I kept nibbling at it everytime I went to the kitchen.


Along with this, I am sending the following as well for Celebrate Sweets - Halwa event of Nivedita.





Also, sending this to Ayeesha's Iftar Moments: Hijri 1431.



Aate Ka Halwa





Sooji Ka Halwa





Ananas Kesari





Aate aur Seb Ka Halwa





Gajar Aur Mawa Ka Halwa





That's all for now. Take care till next post.

17 comments:

Satya said...

wow ithne sare halwa ek sath ,mere muh main pani aaraha hain priya ....really a big collection of halwas ...ur bread halwa too looks awesome like other ones :)

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Swathi said...

I Liked your halwa collections, all looks yummy.

aipi said...

WOW !! so many halwas .. loved all of them.. speciallyl the gajar aur mawa ka halwa.. yum yum !!

Krishnaveni said...

wow......beautiful and mouthwatering halwa recipes.....yum yum

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Lovely Halwas. You know which one I have my eyes on.

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

lovely entries priya...heavenly halwas...and lvoely bread halwa....loveit

priya said...

That's a halwa mela you have! All are mouth watering.

Priya Suresh said...

Lovely arrays of beautiful and tempting halwas...mouthwatering halwas..

PranisKitchen said...

bread halwa so simple and delicious and how many varieties of halwas.. feel to taste each .. good one dear

Umm Mymoonah said...

All your halwa version looks so delicious Priya, thank you so much for sending it to the event:-)

Kiran said...

Delicious display of halwas.Love all of them.

Reeni said...

These all made my tummy grumble! Such delicious halwas! I wish I could try each one.

Niloufer Riyaz said...

drooling over those delicious halwas. Lovely!!!!!

Steve Hoge said...

Speaking of sweets, I'm trying to figure out the name of this dish which I saw being made on the street in Bikaner.

It's created by slowly drizzling milk into a vat of deep fat and accumulating the result in a ring shape - essentially, fried milk. Do you have any idea what it's called?

Unknown said...

Steve, not sure if you will see this comment of mine. I tried figuring out your email and also leaving the comment at your blog, but didn't see any options so I am hoping you will see this note. The sweet in your pic is called "Ghevar" and is as you said, fried milk. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghevar

Steve Hoge said...

Thank you for the ghevar reference! There are so many recipes out there with similar ingredients I would never have ID'd it without a photo.

Unknown said...

Wow, that was fast Steve. Glad you found it informative. Please keep visiting the blog for more authentic recipes and sweets. I have a big sweet tooth ... lol :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails