I always wanted to try Gajar Halwa the microwave way and I found this recipe here from Sanjeev Kapoor's site.
I have a question from the fellow bloggers or readers who do microwave cooking. I only use microwave to cook rice or to heat up my food, that's all. Check my pic and do you see how my grated carrot did not retain its orange color and instead have turned somewhat darkish, any idea why? I mean when I cook it on stove top, they retain the color. Hope someone can answer me.
Gajar Aur Mawa Ka Halwa - गाजर और मावा का हलवा (Carrot Dessert Cooked in Microwave)
Carrots - 4 cups, grated (this quantity is that of grated carrots)
Khoya/mawa - 1 cup, grated or crumbled
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 3 tbsp
Ilaichi (Green cardamom) Powder - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1.5 cups
Kaju (Cashewnuts) - 1 tbsp, chopped
Kishmish (Raisins) - 1 tbsp
Pistachios - 5-6, chopped for garnishing
- Place the grated carrots in a microwave proof bowl. Add ghee and mix.
- Add green cardamom powder and mix. Cook in the microwave on HIGH for five minutes.
- Add sugar and mix. Cook in the microwave on HIGH for three minutes.
- Add cashews, raisins and khoya (keeping aside some khoya for garnish) and mix.
- Cook in the microwave for two to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with the reserved khoya and pistachios and serve hot or cold.
Serve them as a dessert or even as a snack.
I am sending this to the following events:
Vegetable Marathon - Carrot event of PJ started by Silpa.
Healing Foods - Carrots event of Suma started by Siri.
Celebraing Sweets - Halwa event of Nivedita.
365 Days of Microwave Cooking event of SriValli and
Microwave Easy Cooking - Favorites event of PJ started by SriValli.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.