Another entry for my CFK - WWF event. This will be a good dessert to make which of course includes whole wheat and also the healthy apple.
Aata aur Seb ka Halwa - आटा और सेब का हलवा (Whole Wheat Flour and Apple Pudding)
Aata (Whole Wheat Flour) - 1 cup
Seb (Apple) - 1 cup grated
Sugar - 3/4 cup (increase or reduced based on your liking. In usual halwa, I add 1 cup sugar for 1 cup flour)
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1/2 cup
Hot Water - 1.5 cup
Mixed Nuts/Raisin - For garnishing
- Lightly roast mixed nuts and raisins (whatever you are using to garnish) in a tsp of ghee.
- Take the ghee in a pan.
- Roast aata till nice aromas come out of it.
- Add grated apple to it and mix well and fry for about 1 more min.
- Add water little by little and mix well.
- Once, water is all incorporated, add sugar and garnishings and mix well. (Remember, this halwa will look very soft and loose once finished, but after 5 min or so after removing from heat will be of great shape).
Serve it as a dessert.
Sending this to Celebrate Sweets - Halwa event of Nivedita.
That's all for today. Till next post, take care.