Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cheese Pesto Sandwich with Veggie Pattie and Veggies

Hello friends,


This is a sandwich I had bookmarked the moment I saw and thankfully I got to prepare this sooner than many other bookmarked ones, lucky me :)


Recipe is not an exact replica of the original as I have made slight changes, so please check the original recipe here from my new friend Aipi. Thanks Aipi for this wonderful recipe. 


I am sure you all know my love for Pesto by now... lol. I drool over anything that has pesto in it, may it be salad, sandwich, rice or pasta. This was another one of those love at first sight dishes. I did not have Panini maker, so I used my regular griddle and made a toasted sandwich instead.


Cheese Pesto Sandwich with Veggie Pattie and Veggies




Ingredients
Bread - 2 slices, I used brown
Veggie Pattie - 1 slice (Don Lee Farms Veggie Patties, I think you get this only in COSTCO, feel free to use anything else or your home made for this)
Pesto Sauce - 1-2 tbsp depending on how much you like it on your bread (I used Classico Brand, store bought sauce, but feel free to make at home)
Butter - to butter the outside of your sandwich, quantity depends on your preference
Cucumber - 3-4 slices, again add more or less per your liking
Tomato slices - 2-3 slices, again add more or less per your liking
Mozzarella Cheese - 1-2 slices, you can use slices or shredded. I had only shredded available, so I used a fistful of that.
Preparation

  • I had to grill my veggie pattie as well, so I did that per box's instructions before working on breads.
  • Apply pesto sauce on insides of your breads.
  • Apply butter on the outside of your breads.
  • Place veggie pattie on one slice of the bread (with pesto sauce inside) and place desired amount of cheese on top. Cover it with another slice of the bread and toast them to the desired crunch and golden brown.
  • Once it is toasted, place cucumber and tomato slices on the toast by removing one bread slice and keeping it back. 
  • Cut it in triangles and enjoy.
Note: Some people like my husband, we prefer adding tomato slices while toasting itself. We feel it gives a nice flavor, so feel free to do that, if you like it that way.

Serving
This is a real quick lunch/dinner fixing. If you are in a jiffy, this only takes like 5 min. in total and you would love it till the last bite. Usually I add mayo, mustard and pickles in my sandwich  but as this had pesto, it had almost all those flavors (similar ones), so I just enjoyed it with some nice ketchup :)


I am sending this to Nupur's Blog Bites 5: Sandwiches and Wraps.


That's all for now. Take care till next post.

31 comments:

Umm Mymoonah said...

Looks so yummy!

VineelaSiva said...

Yummy Sandwich Priya.Its mouth watering

Satya said...

yummy sandwich..anding veggie pattie n veggies make it more filling n healthy ...i too tried this sandwich with simple version from aipi ,i can guess how tasty ur sandwich be ...thanks for sharing priya .
Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

aipi said...

this is great... liked your version with addition of the veggie pattie... I almost feel like making it again :)

priya said...

Heart & healthy sandwich Priya!

Swathi said...

Delicious sandwich Priya. Healthy too. Nice one with veggie Pattie.

ruchikacooks said...

Looks so good, I can pack it for lunch :)

Padmajha said...

Looks delicious and must be filling too..

Unknown said...

Heathy n yummy sandwich..

Rachana said...

Yummy sandwich Priya! Will be making this pretty soon as I have all the ingredients for this delicious sandwich.

Krishnaveni said...

beautiful and healthy recipe, great

Priya Suresh said...

Such a great looking and mouthwatering sandwich, very filling dish..

arthi said...

delicious sandwich Priya...

Kiran said...

Delicious and healthy sandwich.
Thank you Priya and Aipi.

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

yummy,healhty n droooling dish....love sandwiches anytime.....

Malar Gandhi said...

Yum, fulfilling sandwich...perfect veggie patties...sounds delish:)

Madhavi said...

Lovely sandwich, yummo yummo :))

Nitha said...

Yummy sandwich....

Kanchan said...

Oh .. I love such veg Pattie sandwiches.looks drool worthy.

Indrani said...

Sandwich is yummy and healthy..looks mouth watering, Priya

Raks said...

sandwich looks very filling and sounds very good! Nice post!

Niloufer Riyaz said...

Delicious sandwhich Priya! Just wanted to share you an idea that I once saw in TV, To make the panini kind of sandwhich without the panini maker just place a heavy pan on the sandwhich n press them down, you will get the perfect sandwhich. hope this is helpful

Nupur said...

Thanks for a delicious entry- I was smiling to myself because once you fall in love with pesto, you really do want to add it to anything and everything :)

My Kitchen Antics said...

I make grilled cheese sandwich more or less the same way:)
like u said its a real quick lunch and dinner fix...

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Delicious sandwich ...veggie pattie looks healthy and yummy

Deepa

Hamaree Rasoi

SS blogs here said...

Hot off the pan! That sandwich looks delicious, Priya!

Sushma Mallya said...

sandwiches looks so good, loved the filling..

Suja Manoj said...

Yummy and delicious..very filling.

Unknown said...

wow..that looks really yumm..

Simplyfood said...

A lovely healthy sandwich perfect for lunch .Catching up with missed posts.

Unknown said...

I am gonna try this one for sure... :-) Thanks Priya for the link !!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails