Here is another sweet from my side. I first ate when I came to Mumbai. We used to go to this lunch place every day and they used to make it as a dessert every Monday and that is how I got hooked on to it. Till that time I had only had sooji ka halwa and never "kesari" let alone "pineaple" one. This has become my favorite dessert now and I also think I have learnt to make a yummy one too :), self-boasting... lol
This is a real fast dessert as well. I mean can be made from start to finish in about 15 min.
Ananaas Kesari - अनानास केसरी (Pineapple and Semolina Pudding)
Sooji (Semolina) - 1 cup
Ananaas (Pineapple) - 1/2 cup finely diced
Sugar - 1 cup
Water - 3 cups
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1/2 cup
Kaju (Cashews) - 1 tbsp sliced or chopped
Kishmish (Golden Raisins) - 1 tbsp
Ilaichi (Cardamom) Powder - 1 tsp
Kesar (Saffron) - a few strands
- Take 1 tbsp ghee in a wide pan and roast sooji till nice aroma comes from it.
- Take a vessel and add water, sugar, kesar, ilaichi powder and pineapple pieces and let them come to a boil.
- Once water starts boiling and sugar is all dissolved, add sooji little by little and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ghee and nuts and mix well.
- Cover and let it simmer for about 5 minutes or till ghee starts separating from the kesari.
This can be served as a perfect end to a perfect lunch or dinner.
That's all for now. Till next post, take care.