Saturday, July 24, 2010

Flax and Peanut Chutney Powder

Hello friends,


Here is my second tried and tasted from Usha's blog. The day I saw this post, I told Usha that I am definitely making it. I am a big fan of different kind of chutneys and spice powders.


Flax and Peanut Chutney Powder came out sooooo well and I am glad that I tried it. Thank you so much Usha for this wonderful recipe. I could not have imagined to add Flax Seeds in chutney powder ever. Very very new but yummy concept. The only thing is I did not add jaggery here as I don't like the touch of sweet in my spicy chutney powder. I added about 23 red chillies to it, wanted to mention as she added 25. Mine was good spicy, I mean the kind I like it. Just add little oil of your choice and enjoy it with idli or dosa. Check the recipe at her blog for measurements and the process.




As you all know this is for Tried and Tasted event hosted by Saveur, which was originally started by Zlamushka and and now run by Lakshmi.


That's all for now. Take care till next post.

22 comments:

Guna's kitchen said...

i'm intrested in spicy powders.. wil definitely try it.. it luks delicious and very tempting..... happy to follow u... if u find time visit my blog

Mythreyee said...

This is too good specially sprinkling a little over toasted bread. I used to do the same chutney powder with little desiccated coconut instead of peanut.

aipi said...

never tried making chutney powder at home.. looks spicy and the addition of flax seed is totally new..

? said...

Good use of the ingredients Priya!

Torviewtoronto said...

Looks lovely and spicy

Swathi said...

Lentil spice powder looks delicious.

Satya said...

priya...this is a wonderfull healthy podi to have with dosa or idli...i must say u made a very good choice of selecting this healthy recipe as Usha is having A HUGE collection of recipes : )

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow....sounds new n tasty...let me giv a try dearr

SS blogs here said...

Nice recipe. Great idea for chutney. All varieties are always welcome!

Indian Khana said...

I love any type of podi and this one is great

Kiran said...

Flax-Peanut powder looks very yummy.

Sweet Artichoke said...

This looks like a delicious and healthy chutney powder...

Simplyfood said...

This spice powder look sreally spicy nad tasty.Adding flax is very innovative.

Shriya said...

Nice chutney powder and bookmarking the recipe. Must be delicious.

Divya Kudua said...

A very healthy chutney powder..I need to introduce Flaxseeds in our menu too!!

Chetana Suvarna Ganatra said...

Flaxseed in a chutney pwder...is just soo new to me...however like u I wud also like to try it out.

Rumana Rawat said...

never tried making chutney powder at home.. looks spicy and the addition of flax seed is totally new:)

Priya Suresh said...

Wat a healthy powder, looks prefect..

Krishnaveni said...

congrats on your awards, powder looks so good, missed your snack and curry they are also great, yummy....that's your son...so cute and lovely

Rachana said...

Delicious and healthy! I'm also planning to make this..have a bag of flaxseed sitting in my pantry :-)

Sushma Mallya said...

Very unique combo , but love peanuts so will surely try this one

janet said...

Wow - a wonderful way to add flax to a meal! Thank you for participating in T&T! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails