Friday, July 23, 2010

Chegodilu - A Snack from Andhra, Tried from Versatile Kitchen

Hello friends,


If you have ever had a Diwali (or Deepavali) thali @ an Andhrite in India, you would know what Chegodilu are. It is this wonderful crunchy, superb tasting snack that Diwali thali is not complete with out.


I had this recipe of Champa bookmarked to make it. We make it slightly different at my mom's place, but I so wanted to give this a try. And, I did, this evening. I was just sitting and my son was bugging me for some snack and I was like, ok, let me make it for you. I have never tried it at home (after marriage) before. I am so glad I did. I prepared it all in 15 odd minutes (my first batch was out of oil) from the time I thought of making and my son was happy eating it.



The bottom pic is raw and the top one if the fried one. Please check the recipe @ Champa's blog.




I am also sending this to EFM - Sweets and Savories for Diwali event of Srilekha.





I also have to share this cute snack where my 10 month old (he turned 10 months only yesterday) was giving me company while I was making it :) I have to tell you where he is standing as he does that all the time. He is standing on a 2-step step-stool which I use to reach higher shelves. As soon as I reach the kitchen, he will follow me and climbs on it (all on his own) and stands there till I am all done :)




That's all for tonight. Take care till next post.

25 comments:

Priya (elaichii) said...

Those little crunchies look cute and your son looks super cute!

aipi said...

your son is absolutely adorable.. the snack looks great.. but let me tell you the handsome young man is definitely stealing the show..

Satya said...

hey priya ,
ur son looks sooooooooo sweet ...feel like hug him nowww..pass my hug n alot of kisses to him ..
btw this chegodilu looks wonderful ....very inviting

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Nitha said...

Thats a handsome boy... Love his expression..

The crunchies looks delicious..

Sandhya Hariharan said...

soo cutely made...
Aaah! your lil one... is cutie...tooo

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

chote sarkar is so cute,naughty and simply adorable...very expressive....priya u hv got a smart helping hand in kitchen....love himm..hugs to him...hriday was very happy n excited seeing his snap...
this is a foodie blog so now abt food...my mom makes this similar kind but with lots of jeera...looks crisp n inviting...

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

I seen them and had them before, but never made them at home. Look like little bangles.

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

I seen them and had them before, but never made them at home. Look like little bangles.

Sanjana said...

Delicious! Great job! And your little one is super cute! :)

Champa said...

What an adorable kid you have priya. And I should tell you that you have so much of space on your counter that I envy you right now. Thanks for trying the recipe but it is not really my recipe you know. But you get credit for trying it out for sure. We'll see who the lucky winner is tomorrow.

Swathi said...

Priya,

Cute guy giving company to mom , nice click. Munchies looks really nice.

Heather S-G said...

Oh! Your little helper is so adorable ;) And these look so good...another something new I've found at your place...and another something I'm dying to try!

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Ring looks absolutely yummy and the main attraction here is your cute little angle....

Priya Suresh said...

Love this chegodilu, looks super crispy and yummy...Ur cute little prince looks choo chweet..

PranisKitchen said...

wow that a delicious snack.. perfectly made tea time snack.. good one priya
Ur little one looks so cute.. thats good yarr he will stand there without any disturbance until u finish ur work.

Simplyfood said...

Perfect snack look crunchy and delicious.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Hey, your little master looks so cute...my hugs n love to him...!
delicious snack..Happy am going to delight my hubby today with this new dish. Tq

SS blogs here said...

Your son is so adorable!! He is still standing there in the pic waiting for Mummy! Hehe! :D The chegodilu look great!

Sweet Artichoke said...

A yummy snack, and your little angel looks sooooooooo cute :-)

Suja Manoj said...

Your son is so cute and adorable..
yummy snack,looks pretty.

Kanchan said...

OMG .. he is soooo cuteee !!!
Who wouldn't love n try out varied stuffs in kitchen with such an adorable helping hand ..

AJ said...

Adorable baby Priya!! Doing great at 10 months:) Best wishes!!

Panchpakwan said...

Your son is so cute and adorable..
Whts his name?

Vegetarian Zest said...

I have to tell you this...more than the recipe...my eyes were on your son. He is so sweet...you could just have sent his picture for the entry. Jokes apart, the recipe looks easy and i'm thinking of making them and surprising my husband.

vantakam said...

This is all time favorite recipe of mine.  Whenever I will go to my office canteen I will prefer This chagodilu recipe. Best evening snack recipe I think so. Really watering in my mouth. Thanks for sharing, best platform for learners for those who are trying to learn how to cook south Indian recipes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails