Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My small backyard garden !!!

Friends,


I know I have posted 2 recipes with ingredients from my garden and many of you think I have a great big garden. I do have a good garden, but not too big, just something I have started with many mistakes of course, like I didn't think my first crop of Carrots and few other vegetables, which is kind of a mess, so I plan to harvest and then re-plant few things. 


Here is a small pic of some of my veggies. I am growing Zucchini, Cucumber, Cilantro, Mint, Spinach, Carrots, Beetroot, Peas, Snap Beans, Green Chillies, Bell Pepper, Okra, Eggplant and Tomato. I know that sounds like a lot, but everything is just planted, so a long way to go and only few plants per veggie as I don't have enough space for big rows and lot of plants and I don't want to crowd it all. 


From left to right: top row (cucumber, zucchini), bottom row (tomato, bell pepper)






I also have planted Lemon, Pomegranate, Orange, Avocado and Papaya about 2-3 months ago, so it will take about 2-3 years before I can see any fruits on those. I am dying to get Guava and Mango, but couldn't find any plants. If anyone has any ideas on how to grow them from seeds at home, let me know.


From left to right: top row (papaya, carrots), bottom row (zucchini, strawberry)






I also have few flowers in my garden like Roses, Hibiscus, Bougainvillea, Azalea, Sun Peasant and Star Jasmine, just few, again at an early stage, so hopefully, by next year this time, they will be beautifully blooming.


From left to right: top row (hibiscus, bougainvillea), bottom row (dahlia, dahlia), center (rose)




From left to right: top row (rose, chamathi), bottom row (rose, hibiscus)




I am a big enthusiast of home gardens and want to have a big garden, but, that is the disadvantage of living in a big city where you cannot have very big backyards.


I just thought I will give a sneak peak at my veggie garden, that I have been boasting about. I welcome all suggestions and tips on new garden. I like to plant my stuff on soil instead of pots.


That's all for now. Take care till next post.

36 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

WOwww thanks for sharing this beautiful clicks, feel like going through ur garden, very pleasant to eyes..

SS blogs here said...

Simply beautiful!!! Thanks for showing us your garden! :)

Swathi said...

Beautiful garden Priya.

Laavanya said...

That's a beautiful garden.. I have a tiny one too this year but next year I'm definitely going to expand it.

Satya said...

beautiful garden priya with lots of veggies n flowers ...thanks for sharing

Suganya said...

U have a nice collection in ur garden...

aipi said...

From my experience I know that growing flowers and growing fruits/ vegetables require completely different skill.. and i can see here that u have done all of it beautifully.. nice job !

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

hey thanks priya for fulfilling my request...yest i asked u for a walk through ur garden and wow u posted...appreciate n thanks again...and nt a big garden???u hv so many refreshing beauties in ur small yard all arranged up so neatly.envy u again n again...i hv a tiny little patio with very less sunshine.so cant think of planting plants in pots..so planting in yard in soil is a dream for me...u hv given a perfect refreshment for my mind and eyes today.lovely gorgeous garden....kepp it up....

Krishnaveni said...

you are really lucky to have such a beautiful garden, lovely pictures

Unknown said...

That is one amazing garden Priya!

The Housewife said...

The colors of the flowers are so pretty! It's so satisfying when your plants grow and do well. I wish you all the luck. For indian seeds try this website called seeds of india… they have gongura, curry patta, etc. I hope this helps.

Reeni said...

You have a beautiful garden! You have a lot more than me. I would love most of all to have fruit trees. Good luck with them!

VineelaSiva said...

Wow priya u have a nice garden its really beautiful.I too have very small garden in my patio.

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Wow this is so good and wonderful pictures of ur garden.. really cooling our eyes.

Suhaina said...

wow. that super dear. mind blowing.. u have strawberries too.. wow..I really love gardening but no time or place in our flat.. really appreciate ur hard work and the love u have shown to ur plants.. one more wow ... dear..

Kiran said...

Priya,
Love your beautiful garden of flowers,fruits and veggies.Nice virtual treat to the eyes.You said that you have orange ,lemon and avocado plants.So you have a very nice size backyard.Doesn't seem small.Wouls love to see many more such beauties from your garden.

RV said...

This is such a pretty garden Priya.. I love all those cute and bright colored flowers.. Good job in maintaining it. And regarding curry leaves, I just saw that you live in west coast and I live on the other side :-(( I wish I can send it to you.

Sushma Mallya said...

Your garden is so beautiful priya..

Kanchan said...

This is so cool and beautiful !
You have done a whole lot of hardwork for this garden ... i'll try to get some inspiration from you now :)

Akanksha said...

pics are great priya..I love gardening too..we have one in my mom's house

Prema said...

Beautifull garden priys,luks gr8!

Vegetarian Zest said...

Gorgeous garden i must say. Lucky to have your own backyard with all the nature's gift in it.

Sweet Artichoke said...

Your garden is beautiful: so many vegetables and the flowers are gorgeous and colourful! and it looks like your are as talented for gardening as for cooking!

Niloufer Riyaz said...

What a beautiful garden ! a treat to eyes

My Kitchen Antics said...

That is such an amazing garden..i don have a green thumb so everything jus dies on me:(

Priya said...

What a beautiful garden you have! Green in beautiful for the eyes. i wish I had a green thumb like yours.

arthi said...

wow!!lovely garden..I too love gardening.nice clicks dear!!

panchpakwan said...

For a moment I felt I was in your garden...Its so neat and beatuifuly arranged..Felt so fresh.

Rajee Mani said...

That's a lovely farden Priya and not so small either :-) And lotsa great recipes you've posted when I was on a blog break. Will catch up those asap....

GayathriRaj said...

Hey lovely garden Priya....u r very lucky to have such patio...i love gardening a lot and unfortunately i dont have that option....and im so happy to see ur lovely garden and tjose lovely plants and those flowers are too good and beautiful dear...

Indian Cuisine Blogroll said...

wow..you have a pretty good backyard garden...i could imagine a proud farmer working there :)

Latha said...

Lovely garden Priya.

Padmajha said...

Lovely garden u have there.I had one during my school days and I used to harvest loads of strawberries!!These pics remind me of those days...

Yasmeen said...

Beautiful!!

PranisKitchen said...

don't say its small. what a beautiful and grt work..

Jayashree said...

What a lovely garden. i love those tiny strawberries.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails