Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sabudana Aloo Tikki

Hello friends,

Here is something that got created from a mistake I made. I was trying to make Sabudana Vada from my friend Rupali's blog, but it didn't work out. Then one of my other friend Sana told me that may be the culprit was extra moisture in sago or potato. Anyways, this is what I ended up making and they sure were delicious :)

Sabudana Aloo Tikki - साबूदाना आलू टिक्की (Sago and Potato Patties)



Ingredients
Sabudana (Sago) - 1 cup
Aloo (Potato) - 2 medium sized
Onion - 1 cup
Dhaniya Patti (Cilantro) - 1 tbsp
Nimbu Ras (Lemon Juice) - 1 tsp or as per taste
Hari Mirch (Green Chilies) - 2, finely sliced
Bhuni Moongfali (Roasted Peanuts) - 1/2 cup, coarsely ground
Salt - as per taste
Oil - F0r making tikkis (patties)
Preparation

  • Wash and soak sabudana in little water overnight.
  • Boil and peel potatoes.
  • Now, mix everything except oil.
  • Now, shape the dough in patties shape and grill them on griddle till golden brown by adding little oil.
  • Drain them on paper, if you added lot of oil.
Serving
Serve them hot with your favorite kind of sauce or chutney. I served it with Peanut Chutney (I will share the recipe later).

Sending this to Cooking With Seeds - Sago Seeds event of Niloufer started by Priya and Two for Tuesdays Blog Hop - Volume 7.


  24TNewerSpainInIowa

That's all for now. Take care till next post.

37 comments:

Anu Nandu said...

Priya - I so want to eat this now...man, ur tempting me. And with peanut chutney - I'm sure that combo would taste awesome.

Akila said...

Wow, Looks yummy yummy....

Nivedita Thadani said...

Hey
Love it, I too have the recipe in my drafts! but no time to post it now.
I did not knew that you can eat it with curds!
Lovely sharing.

Unknown said...

Yummy tikkis with sabudana and aloo..Must have tasted great with that peanut chutney..Looking forward to its recipe..

My Kitchen Antics said...

looks yum priya

Shriya said...

Very nice recipe and definitely innovative. Must be delicious.

Mythreyee said...

send it across to cupertino right away...I am waiting...

Heather S-G said...

Very nice...this sounds amazing. Thanks so much for sharing with Two for Tuesdays =)

Swathi said...

Sabudana aloo tikki looks delicious Priya.

Krishnaveni said...

delicious and yummy dish, beautiful

Cool Lassi(e) said...

This looks splendid! Yum!

Priya Suresh said...

Vadas as tikkis, beautiful dish Priya..awesome work..

Guna's kitchen said...

tikkis luk delicious and...sounds intresting

Priya (elaichii) said...

so tempting!

Satya said...

so tempting tikkis ....drooling here

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Indian Cuisine Blogroll said...

tikki looks delicious....love the color..

divya said...

Healthy and great looking dish...Loved your presentation dear..

aipi said...

looks good.. even i have the same problem when frying them so i have settled on the baked vadas :(

Rachana said...

Looks yummy! We have had lot of sabudana dishes last week, but your tikki still makes me hungry! This post reminds me that I need to post the sago dishes before the deadline :-))

Simplyfood said...

Brilliant salvage of amistake and anew dish was born.Well done looks super and tasty.

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

priya sago tikkis looks super duper tempting....lovely chat with delicious peanut chutney...love some potato sev on top...mmmmmm...mmmmm

Prema said...

Wounderfull tikki dear! great idea of using the sago,luks yummy...

Sailaja said...

wow. yummy...

Umm Mymoonah said...

Wow! Priya, looks so yummy, just feel like having some.

SS blogs here said...

Nice save!! No one would guess this was a mistake! :)

Torviewtoronto said...

Looks simple and delicious

Hunger and Thirst said...

Some of the tastiest dishes in history were created by an accident. Although, I would have claimed that I was trying to make the finished dish the whole time! Thank you for linking up with Two for Tuesday.

PranisKitchen said...

thats a delicious and yummy tilkki.. poattao and saggo

Jayashree said...

A nice, new(to me atleast) way of using sabudana.

suma said...

How I would love to sink my teeth into these delicious tikkis in this rainy weather..

Preeti Kashyap said...

Drool worthy pick!!! I loved the recipe too!bookmarked!

Malar Gandhi said...

Somehow I always ruin my sago vada...am gonna gather some guts and try this version..I am positive it will come out well:) The picture looks very tempting.

Anuka said...

wow..this Tikki looks very tempting. I am also fond of sabudana tikki..we generally make this during fast.
I love the presentation with curd.

Anu From
http://apinchofsaltmakeitall.blogspot.com

arthi said...

I have tried aloo tikki without sago and peanuts. This sounds different. looks so yummy :)

Nitha said...

Dear..Please collect the awards from my space ...

a moderate life said...

Hi and thanks for sharing this on the two for tuesday recipe blog hop! I love that I learn new things from your recipes. I didnt know about sago seeds before! :) alex@amoderatelife

Dibba Overnight Package said...

Looks yummy! We have had lot of sabudana dishes last week, but your tikki still makes me hungry! This post reminds me that I need to post the sago dishes before the deadline :-))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails