Friday, July 30, 2010

Makai Paneer Pakoda - मकई पनीर पकोड़ा (Corn and Cottage Cheese Fritters)

Hello friends,


I have been meaning to make this for a while as a big procrastinator that I am, making this on the last day of the event. This is a very common kind of pakoda in our families. Usually, we use fresh corn, but I had only canned corn in hand, so I used the same. Sorry, the pic is not what I wanted, but then again I was in hurry.


Makai Paneer Pakoda - मकई पनीर पकोड़ा (Corn and Cottage Cheese Fritters)


Ingredients
Makai (Corn) - 1.5 cups, crushed finely or ground
Paneer - 1 cup, grated or crumbled
Milk - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1/2 cup
Green Chilies - 2-3, finely chopped (I used 3/4 tsp red chili powder instead)
Besan (Chick Pea Flour) - 1/2 cup
Haldi (Turmeric Powder) - 1/2 tsp
Dhaniya (Coriander) Powder - 3/4 tsp
Jeera (Cumin) Powder - 3/4 tsp
Amchur (Dry Mango) Powder - 1/2 tsp
Anardana (Dry Ground Pomegranate) Powder - 2 tsp
Cilantro - 1//4 cup
Salt - per taste
Oil - for deep frying
Preparation

  • Take a non-stick pan with 1 tsp oil in it and add ground c0rn in it.
  • Stir Fry for about 4 minutes.
  • Add milk and let it cook till for few more min.
  • Remove it from heat and let it cool down.
  • Once fried corn paste is all the way cooled down, add the rest of the ingredients to it (except oil for frying).
  • Take a spoonful of batter and drop slowly in hot oil (the batter won't be thick enough or dough like to make balls, it will be soft dough).
  • Fry the pakodas (fritters) till they are golden brown and drain on a paper towel before serving.

Serving
Serve them as a munchy snack or appetizer with your favorite chutney or sauce.


I am sending this to Veggie/Fruit A Month - Corn event hosted by Akheela started by me, Vegetarian - Foodie Fridays event, Monthly Mingle - Party Treats event of Sara, Let's Munch Tea Time Snacks event of Sharmi and Iftar Moments: Hijri 1431 event of Ayeesha.





  Ongoing Event !!!


Puliyogare/Tamarind Rice/ Puli sadham  


That's all for now. Take care till next post.

29 comments:

Satya said...

delicious n cripy pakodas ...they looks sooooooo inviting ...very nice recipe ..very new to me ...thanks for sharing dear...good night n have a happy week end :)

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Kiran said...

Corn pakoda looks delicious.Never made them.Like the fact that corn is cooked with milk before adding it to the batter.Sure a yummy snack with tea.

Guna's kitchen said...

very inetresting pakkodas .. adding cheese and corn .. gives pakodas more taste and melts away... yummy ..Luks crispy and delicious ...

Aparna S Mallya said...

WOW!! Now that's what I call a super tempting dish!

Thanks fr the award, will collect it soon :).

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Nice try dear...delicious.

Akanksha said...

nice one Priya..pakodas with corn and milk and paneer sounds very innovative and tasty..

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Very crispy and yummy pakoda, pass me some please....

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

yummy looking fritters!

Torviewtoronto said...

looks fabulous

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

isnt it the perfect for the weather. loving it to the last crumb.

Rachana said...

Hey Priya,
Pakodas look crunchy and delicious! Never thought of adding paneer to corn pakodas...very unique addition to the pakodas! Thanks for sharing!

Swathi said...

Priya,

Yummy pakoda, nice with tea. It is crunchy and crispy looking one.

Sanjeeta kk said...

Crispy and yummy snack idea.

Simplyfood said...

Fritters look lovely crispy and tasty.Perfect with a cup of tea.

aipi said...

corn, paneer, pakodas n fried..it has my name written all over it..yum!!

Veggie Hut said...

They look super crisp! Yumm..

Melodie said...

These look delicious. I have never tried anything close to these so will give them a try at some point. Lovely and thank you for sharing at my Vegetarian Foodie Fridays.

Heather S-G said...

I hear ya...I'm a total procrastinator, too...but I think were totally worth the wait! Gotta love fried cheese & corn...mmm :P

Priya (elaichii) said...

Wow! looks so crispy! Good work Priya!

Chetana Suvarna Ganatra said...

A purfect snack for a purfect weather, in my part of de world.
Btw an awrd awaiting u in my blog, pls claim it.

Sushma Mallya said...

Crunchy and yummy snack...

veena said...

pakodas look so yummy, and paneer..........lovely.

Champa said...

Hey, I make these too, but with some changes. I loved the addition of amchoor in the batter.
BTW, when is the deadline for your methi event? I have some more in the archive and I was thinking if you would take them too?

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Very crispy and crunchy looking pakoras dear. Loved the golden tinge on them. Wonderful click.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

hamaarethoughts.com said...

nice..I will try this!!!

Unknown said...

This snack looks crispy and yummy..

sangeeta said...

i love corn in any form .
this pakora looks yummy with paneer ....i make these pakoras with other ingredients n never tried with paneer..your makai mash is great too.

Food Processor said...

I am always looking for tasty dishes and this one looks so delicious.Sound very interesting.Thanks for sharing!!!

Unknown said...


amazing blog ! it is my first time visit i here. paneer pakoda is my favrote pakoda. thankyou for shearing this information with us!chowringhee satyaniketan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails