Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sweet Sesame Rice - Tried and Tasted from Veg Inspirations

Hello friends,


This recipe is from Usha's blog Veg Inspiration, which is a blog featured in Tried and Tasted event hosted by Saveur, which was originally started by Zlamushka and and now run by Lakshmi.


I have been following Usha's blog for a while now, I must say I have visited her blog even before I have started blogging. And, once I started blogging and was going through her blog, I had bookmarked quite a few recipes of hers. I will try to prepare as many as I can for this event, but if not, I will surely prepare them in due time.


The first one in the series is, Sweet Sesame Rice. I am sure you all know by now that I have a big sweet tooth, so I started by a sweet dish. I have used the recipe word-by-word, so I am not going to repost it here. Please follow the link to check her authentic recipe. And, while you are there, do look for your favorite recipe from a collection of mouth watering recipes she has and I am sure you will fall in love with the blog like me.




That's all for now. Take care till next post.

34 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

It looks delicious I checked out the recipe I love adding jaggery

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Looking real good with halwa like consistency!

Swathi said...

Nice sweet rice, looks delicious.

Yasmeen said...

Sweet!love the sesame :D

Latha said...

Looks yummy and nice combo!

Kiran said...

Sweet sesame rice looks delicious.

Priya said...

I those little seasme seed guys sticking to the sweet rice. Awesome!

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Looks delicious, love the addition of sesame to the rice....

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

love addition of sesame to the jaggery rice which we often make for tht nutty flavor...looks heavenly like a sweet halwa....yum

Heather S-G said...

Wow! This is so sticky and delicious looking...I've never tried anything like it. I think I'm going to have to give this a try! We have piloncillo, which I believe is the same thing as jaggery, so I'm gonna try soon! YUM =)

Shama Nagarajan said...

nice sweet rice

Indian Cuisine Blogroll said...

looks delicious...we get a version of this from temples as prasadam..love it...

aipi said...

lovely looking bowl of rice.. loved the addition of sesame n jaggery..

Satya said...

sweet sesame rice looks delicious ...

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Krishnaveni said...

never tried sweet version, yummy yum

Aparna S Mallya said...

delicious looking rice. sesame seeds add a wonderful crunch i guess.

Unknown said...

Sweet sesame rice is new to me..Looks yum!! Loved the recipe..

Priya Suresh said...

Irresistible and great looking sweet sesame rice..

PranisKitchen said...

sweet sesame rice.. is this kind of kheer.. really deliicous one..

ruchikacooks said...

sweet rice looks tempting priya, almost like a sweet pongal with jaggery..

Umm Mymoonah said...

No, never heard about this recipe before, looks yummy. I too have some recipes to try from veg inspirations.

Unknown said...

looks so delcioous..

RV said...

Nice recipe.. Looks yumm.

Sushma Mallya said...

Never heard of this one but seems very delicious...

Kanchan said...

This one is quite new to me... Normally I don't prefer sweet rice but adding sesame seems innovative.

Rachana said...

Looks delicious! I'm very curious to try this.

suma said...

Sweet sesame rice sounds very tempting, i have a HUG...GE sweet-tooth too:-))

veena said...

very tempting, lovely pic too

Rumana Rawat said...

Looking real good with halwa like consistency!

Usha said...

Priya I am so glad you tried and liked this rice ! It seems to have turned out perfectly, lovely picture... And thanks so much for your wonderful introduction, you really made my day :-)

Anu Nandu said...

I sure have a sweet tooth too and this will satisfy me big time!

CurryLeaf said...

Delicious but never tried.I too had bookmarked few from Usha's.
BTW,I am planning few Spanish recipes and will be mailing you b4 deadline.

Simplyfood said...

Never tried this rice before , unusual and very different.Must taste awesome.

janet said...

This sounds delicious. Thank you for submitting it to T&T. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails