So, I went and got beetroot after seeing so many of you posting beet-root recipes. It had been a while since I made it anyways. Last time I made it, my husband and son refused to eat and I was the only one left alone to consume the rest of the curry :( Anyways, I can't blame them as most of the time you will agree that it tastes bland or like mud or soil. No offense to people who love it.
When I saw this recipe @ Anita's Kitchen, I had to try it as it was very tempting. So, I gave it a try for tonight and oh boy, oh boy, was it a hit or what. My son just finished everything and guess what he is running around saying, his blood has become stronger (immediately after eating...lol). The touch of chana dal in it made it even better.
Beetroot - 2 cups finely chopped (not grated, but chopped) I used 2 beetroots along with leaves.
Onion - 1 cup finely chopped
Garlic - 2 cloves
Chana Dal (Gram Dal) - 1 tbsp
Jeera (Cumin Seeds) - 1 tsp
Rai (Mustard Seeds) - 1 tsp
Haldi (Turmeric Powder) - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Amchur - 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 1 tsp
- Take a pan, add oil, let it heat up and then add rai and jeera.
- Once they start spluttering, add onion and garlic and let them fry till onion is translucent.
- Add chopped beetroot and all dry powders, 1 cup water, cover and cook for about 15 minutes (or till it is well cooked).
- Remove lid and let it dry up and fry for 4-5 minutes.
Serve it with roti/rice or paratha, however you may like.
Thanks Anita for such a wonderful recipe. Had a wonderful dinner with it.
Also, want to share an award from Cooking Foodie. Thanks dear for thinking about me.
The Honest Scrap Award comes with certain rules----------
1) I must brag about it.
2) I have to display the badge on my blog and link to the one who tagged me to prove that I didn't tag myself .
3) Share 10 things about myself
4) Pass the award to other fellow bloggers by visiting their site.
You can find the 10 things I shared about me here.
I cannot tell you guys how many friends I have gained in last 3 months of my journey in to this blog world. I cannot thank you all enough for all the encouragement and inspiration you provide on a regular basis. I would like to pass all these above awards to all my wonderful blogfriends and followers.
That's all for now and take care till next post, good night!!!