Picture Courtesy: Charche Chauke KeMakhane ki Kheer - मखाने की खीर (Euryale Seeds Pudding)
Milk - 6 cups
Makhana - 2 cups (I used a 2 oz. packet that I got in Indian store)
Sugar - 1 cup
Green Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 2 tbsp
Saffron - 3 to 4 strands
Pista (Pistachio) or any other dry fruits - 1 tsbp sliced or coarsely ground
- Roast Makhana in ghee
- Cool it down and then grind makhana coarsely
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed plan.
- Add groound makhana, sugar and saffron.
- Boil it and let the milk thicken.
- Once the pudding thickens, add ilaichi powder and any dry fruits you want.
Serve it warm as a dessert.
This goes to Shama's - Kheer Festival.
This also goes to Cooking with Seeds - Cardamom Seeds event hosted by Priya.
Till next post, take care.