Monday, April 5, 2010

Mac n Cheese with 2 chesses and peas/carrots mix

Hello friends,


OK, this is my son's absolute favorite and for that matter is even mine.... lol


So, I try to make it little healthy for him. So, here is my recipe. The picture that you will see below is in my son's favorite Lightning McQueen bowl :)


Mac N Cheese *my style


Ingredients
Elbow Pasta - 1 cup (cooked and drained as per package instructions)
Milk - 1/2 cup (I used half-n-half, but feel free to use any of your preference)
Peas and Carrots mix - 1 cup (I cooked them along with pasta itself)
Swiss and Sharp Cheddar Cheeses - 1/2 cup each (you can take any mix you want, but sharp cheddar gives a real good look and taste to it)
Butter - 2 tbsps
Salt - as per taste
Black Pepper - as per taste
Preparation

  • Cook pasta and veggies together with some salt in the water. I cooked for about 15 min. (I like my pasts well cooked)
  • Drain pasta and veggies and put them back in the new pan or the same one (as per your preference)
  • Add butter, milk and cheeses to the pot and mix well till chesses and butter are all melted and mixed well. Cook for about 2-3 min.
  • Sprinkle some salt and pepper per your taste and mix well

Serving
Serve warm in a bowl along with a side of salad or don't feel too bad if your kid doesn't eat salad as you have already mix some veggies in it :) I like to sprinkle some red chilli flakes on top as I like mine spicy.
I am sending this to Sowmya's Cooking with Pasta event.


Till next post, take care.

6 comments:

Ms.Chitchat said...

Yummy yummy pasta,would love to have but thinking of the calorie count mmmmmmmmm. Once in a while, can indulge :):)Very ideal for kids.

Unknown said...

pasta looks really yumm and creamy...nice recipe..thanks a ton for sending it over...see you at the round up..

Priya Suresh said...

My son's favourite, looks truly cheesy and droolworthy..

Panchpakwan said...

Looks yummy and creamy pasta!

Indrani said...

mac n cheese is also my daughter's fav and even mine, I try to resist myself though, looks cheeeeeesy..thanks for adding my event to ur list..you did a gr8 job..send me some

R said...

so yummy and colorful, my kiddos will luv this :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails