Another weekend, another Saturday. Wanted to make something different in the breakfast, not the usual upma or poha or cereal. So, thought of making pancakes from scratch. I usually cheat and eat the frozen kind or make it from ready made batter.
Glad to say that the results were wonderful and we all loved it, especially the topping.
Eggless Pancakes with Cinnamon Apples Topping
All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Butter - 1/4 cup melted
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Apples - 2 medium sized cut into 1 inch square pices (you can also cut them into slices)
Cinnamon - 1.5 tsp
Brown Sugar - 2 tbsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
- Take a wide pan and add butter
- Once butter starts melting, add apples and let them cook for about 2 min.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon and cook them again for 3-4 minutes and take it off the heat.
- Whisk all ingredients of pancakes in a bowl well and let it rest for about 190 min. (make the topping while you let this rest).
- Take a griddle and let it get heated
- Sprinkle some oil in it and pour about 1/4 cup of batter to it.
- Most of it will automatically spread out in a circular form. If not, feel free to spread it, but make sure you don't spread it too thin.
- Let it cook on both sides on medium flame for about 2 min.
Take the pancakes in a plate and serve them with cinnamon apples topping in any way you like.
I was seriously surprised at how fluffy and soft they were without eggs in them. Next time, I will try for whole wheat flour and may be add buttermilk instead of milk.
I am sending it to Bhagyashri's "Cooking For Kids - Filling Breakfasts" originally started by Sharmi
Here is one more thing I tried from Tia's blog that I fortunately stumbled upon. I made Cheese Pennies as a snack and it was a hit. Thank you very much Tia. As I made it exactly like she mentioned, so I am not going to post the recipe here. Please do visit her blog to check it out. Thank you very much Tia for this wonderful recipes.
Today was a hectic day. I also made one more dish, which I will post tomorrow :)
Till next post take care. Good night.