Here is another entry of mine for JIHVA - Wedding Feasts event hosted by Priya and originally started by Indira's Jihva for Ingredients post. , because this is a must in our marriages in Rajasthan. How can you do any festival without a besan laddoo. Hmm... never though.. lol...
Besan Laddoo - बेसन लड्डू (Chick Pea Flour Sweet Balls)
Besan (Chick Pea Flour) - 2 cups
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1/2 cup
Cheeni (Sugar) - 1 cup
Kaju (Cahswes) - to garnish (broken in half)
- Add ghee in a wide pan and let it get hot.
- Add besan and fry it till nice aroma starts coming from it, it should become very light brown. Keep stirring it continuously.
- Take it off from gas and let it cool down just enough to be able to handle in your palms.
- Add sugar, mix well and make desired shaped balls from it.
- Add a broken half of cashew in the middle of the laddo.
Serve them as a dessert any day of the year.
I am also reposting one of my other old posts of Boorelu which is a must in any Andhra weddings (I am sure all Andhrites will agree) for JIHVA - Wedding Feasts event.
Boorelu (बूरेलु) - Moong Dal and Coconut Laddu
Moong Dal - 1 cup
Sugar - 1.25 cup
Shredded Coconut - 1 cup
Ilaichi (Cardamon) - 3-4 (in powder form)
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 3 tsp
Just enjoy it anytime with anything. You can eat it as a snack or a dessert.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.