Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Roasted Asparagus and Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shell Pasta

Hello Friends,


I have been planning to make these since I set my eyes on them. These are recipes are different blogs I follow. I will let you navigate to the recipe link and check it for yourself as my pictures don't do justice :)


First one is Roasted Asparagus recipe posted by Divya last week and I always wanted to actually try making asparagus. This vegetable had never made it to my house till last grocery trip. Below is the picture. Divya suggested adding any dry herbs we want while baking and I added Dry Oregano and Basil while it was being baked. It was such a wonderful evening snack for us. We loved it with our evening coffee and did not even feel bad as it was healthy. Thanks Divya for such a healthy and snacky recipe :)






Second one is Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Filled Jumbo Shell Pasta recipe posted by Jyoti V back in March 2010. I have been meaning to make it since she announced Pasta Party event and posted this in her blog. Below is the picture of my version of it. I followed the recipe from start to finish from her blog, so visit her blog for the original recipe. It was such a nice thing to make it from scratch. Yum, yum yum Jyoti. Thanks for this wonderful recipe.



That's all for now. Till next post, take care :)

19 comments:

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Lovely recipes. Both of them look fabulous!

Kiran said...

Two lovely recipes.Love the pics of asparagus and stuffed pasta.

Nithu Bala said...

Dear Priya, nice to see the recipes you tried from other bloggers..I always feel this is the best compliment one would ever get..the asparagus snack sounds too healthy and Jyoti's spinach & cheese filled pasta is very yummy..your pictures are good too:-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Cool Lassie, Kiran and Nithu for your comments.

@ Nithu, I love to try new things that we can eat at home :)

SS blogs here said...

Wow Priya.. the pasta shells look super!! Have never tried making or eating Asparagus yet! :P Your's look good! Cheers!

Ms.Chitchat said...

Both the dishes look awesome,appreciate ur effort to try out new things, I would think twice to venture :):)

Kanchan said...

From the time I've seen Jyoti's shelled pasta even I wanted to prepare them, yours too look very delectable.

Sushma Mallya said...

Wow stuffed shell pasta looks awesome priya,pic is too good and so very tempting...

SathyaSridhar said...

Wooow!!dear both the recipes looks great esp stuffed shell pasta makes me hungry n mouthwatering dear..

Priya Suresh said...

Wow Priya, u rock gal..both dishes looks truly tempting and irresistible..

Btw ur q'n about Quinoa, just cook quinoa with water as 1:2 ration until the quinoa get cooked..for 1cup quinoa, add 2cups water and cook in simmer, its really enough to cook them..hope this helps, u can use the cooked quinoa as anything..else u can grind the quinoa and sieve to get the quinoa flour, voila this is how i cook them..hope i would have cleared ur doubt..else pls let me know..

kamalabhoopathy said...

Both dish sounds good loved those pastha filling.

Anonymous said...

Stuffed shells look sooooo yum. getting the craving now! Great photos Priya

Divya Kudua said...

Bookmarking is such a wonderful thing..I keep trying recipes from other blogs too!!Shell pasta looks yum!!

Raks said...

Love both,looks yumm,healthy recipes!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much guys for such nice comments, it really encourages me.

Panchpakwan said...

Priya..I am so happy to know that you tried my recipe and you all enjoyed eating it..
Thank you so much trying and posting it too..

This is a best compliment ever anyone has given me..This means a lot!!!

Have agr8t day..:)

Unknown said...

Jyoti, the pleasure was all mine as now I have one more recipe that I can prepare :), so thanks to you !!!

Unknown said...

Both dishes look absolutely yummy..Great recipes!!

Ruth Daniels said...

Lovely dishes. There is nothing like stuffed pasta shells or asparagus. Thanks for sharing the recipes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails