This is a wonderful recipe from my very good friend Raji (non-blogger). Do check out her Pappula Podi (Peanuts and Slit Chickpeas Powder) and Zucchini Chutney as well. She made this during one of our gatherings. I have been wanting to try it since then and today was the auspicious day, lol
I am sure it would come as a pleasant surprise, as, at least I had never cooked or ate soya chunks cooked in this amazing way. Thanks Raji for teaching this delicious recipe.
So, without further ado, here is the recipe.
Soya Chunks Fry
Soya Chunks (Nutrella or some other brand) - 1 packet, soaked in hot water for 1-2 hours
Onion - 1 big, finely chopped
Tomatoes - 2 roma, finely chopped
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Haldi (Turmeric Powder) - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - as per taste
Spice Powder (Freshly Ground)
Cinnamon - 1 inch piece
Cloves - 4-5
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Green Cardamom - 2
Pepper - 5-6 (increase if you want it spicier)
- Take oil in a non stick pan and fry the onions till translucent
- Add tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Add salt, ginger-garlic paste and litttle turmeric.
- Now, add soaked and drained soya chunks and mix it well.
- Add 1 cup of water and close the lid and cook on medium flame till all water is evaporated and soy chunks are tender (not mushy or rubbery).
- Lastly, add spice powder in the end. Feel free to use store bought spice powder if you cannot make this.
Serve it warm with roti, naan or even rice and enjoy !!!
That's all for now. Take care till next post.