Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sago - Rava - Carrot Idli (Steamed Savory Cakes) - T & T from Madhuri and some awards !!!

Hello friend,


I am so happy to have tried this one as it came out very very well. You have to visit Madhuri's place for her wonderful collection of recipes. I simply love her blog as I cannot put it in any other words. She is sooooooooooooooooooooo good and helpful. Her blog's best feature (after delicious recipes) are her pictures. She shoots simply drool-worthy pictures :)


OK, now for this Sago - Rava - Carrot Idli, go check her blog for her delicious recipe and beautiful pics. Mine are nothing compared to hers. Thanks Madhuri for introducing my family to this mouth-watering idlis.  They came softer than usual rava idlis. There are in my family to stay. Check out the color enhancement with addition of carrots. And guess what, those were my home grown carrots :)






I am sending this to Cooking With Seeds - Sago Seeds event of Niloufer started by Priya Healing Foods - Carrots event of Suma, started by Siri and BB5 - Potluck Dishes event of Nupur.


    

I received this beautiful award from some more wonderful blogger friends of mine: Aipi, PJ, Jay and Nitha. I love you guys for thinking of me :)




Here are 7 or actually 10 things about me :)


I am passing them to the following 10 of my friends (in no particular order and thinking about all of my other blogger friends, I missed) :)
  1. Sayali
  2. Cooking Foodie
  3. Nithya
  4. Deepti
  5. Diana
  6. Chaitra
  7. Kalyani & Gayatri
  8. Apu
  9. Aparna
  10. Sowmya
That's all for now and take care till next post.

32 comments:

Sayali said...

this recipe is mazingly unusual :) never heard of ti before...thanks for sharing this award dear...happy to have you as my blogger friend :)

Krishnaveni said...

delicious idly, healthy and yummy too

Krishnaveni said...

congrats on your awards dear, you deserve it

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Very unique and tasty looking idli. I have not come across such a preparation till date. Loved the presentation.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Priya Suresh said...

Very new idli for me, looks soft..Congrats on ur award..

Guna's kitchen said...

Congratts on ur award...wish u many more awards to come ..very interesting sago idli...never tried with sago...luks delicious..
u have a good collection of recipes .. if u find time visit my blog.. happy to follo u

aipi said...

soft n spongy idlies.. loved the color .. congrats on your awards :)

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Looks colorful, healthy and delicious, congrats on ur award dear..

subhashini said...

First of all, congrats!!! on your award.very yummy idlies

Rachana said...

Congrats on your awards! Idlis look mouthwatering and so soft! What a wonderful way to use home grown carrots. Will be trying these soon!

Satya said...

very new combination for me ...looks soft n yummy ...i will surely try it ...congrats priya on ur award :)

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Torviewtoronto said...

Congrat the idly looks healthy

Nithya said...

Lovely idly.. It looks really yummy :)

Congrats on your award and thanks a lot for remembering me. I am so happy dear. you made my day :)

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

healthy n tasty recipe...will try soon.

Swathi said...

Nice idly. Looks colorful and yummy.

divya said...

Mouthwatering...Super click too.....

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

looks yum!

Kiran said...

These sago rava and carrot idlis look very soft and delicious.Home grownn carrots must have made them more delicious.Congrats on your awards.

PranisKitchen said...

thats so delicious one.. i like the ingredint.. what a variety idli really good one priya

Suhaina said...

looks very good.healthy too. love it.

Nitha said...

The idlis look soft and deicious..

Rumana Rawat said...

Delicious idly, healthy and yummy too

Unknown said...

idli looks so yumm..and healthy too...
Thanks a lot for passing me the award..thanks for remembering me..means a lot to me..keep rocking..

Jayashree said...

I haven't used sago in idli. Sounds like a good recipe.

Nithu Bala said...

Wow! looks delicious..very new to me..

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

lovely colorful sago idlis....super healthy bf with addition of carrots....yummo..congrats and keep rocking girl with ur welldeserved awards...

Cooking Foodie said...

Hi Priya,

Thanks so much for the award... and glad to have you as a blogger friend :)

Cool recipe - very original...

The Housewife said...

These look so pretty! And congrats on the home grown carrots… there's nothing more satisfying than growing your own food!

Madhuri said...

Priya,
Thanks so very much for the plug, and those flattering words about me and the blog. You are very kind. Im glad you and your family enjoyed the sago idlis. Its such a keeper of a recipe isn't it? I too make it very often.
Oh and btw, you grew your own carrots? How cool is that now? I wish I could too. You're lucky to have your own kitchen garden...keep at it! :)

Nupur said...

Delicious- thanks for the entry.

Simplyfood said...

Idlis looking very pretty and colourful.Very tasty dish.

Nupur said...

can Idli get better :).. love the color of it. Will try soon
Following ur blog now

Nupur
http://uk-rasoi.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails