Here is another recipe that I made from mixing some greens and sprouted beans. Just something mixed together, nothing like an authentic recipe.
Ankurit Beej aur Methi Ki Sabzi - अंकुरित बीज और मेथी की सब्जी (Mixed Sprouts and Fenugreek Leaves Curry)
Hara Matar (Dry Green Peas) - 1/4 cup, sprouted
Peela Matar (Dry Yellow Peas) - 1/4 cup, sprouted
Kala Chana (Black Chick Peas) - 1/4 cup, sprouted
Lobia Dal (Black Eyed Peas) - 1/4 cup, sprouted
Hara Moong (Whole Green Moong) - 1/4 cup, sprouted
Methi (Fresh Fenugreek Leaves) - 2 cups
Onion - 1 cup
Tomato - 1 cup
Adrakh (Ginger) - 1 inch piece, grated
Lahsan (Garlic) - 1 tbsp, minced
Rai (Mustard Seeds) - 1 tsp
Jeera (Cumin Seeds) - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Lal Mirch (Red Chili) Powder - 1 tsp
Haldi (Turmeric Powder) - 1 tsp
Dhaniya (Coriander) Powder - 1 tsp
Jeera (Cumin) Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as per taste
- Take a cooker on stove and add oil to it.
- Add rai and jeera and let the seeds splutter.
- Add onion, ginger/garlic and let them fry till onion is translucent.
- Add all masala powders and let it fry for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and fry for another 2 min.
- Add all sprouts, chopped methi leaves, mix and fry for another 2 min.
- Add water and let it cook for about 10-15 min. (remember the beans are soaked, so they will cook faster)
Serve this for lunch or dinner with roti/rice. I also ate it as a base of my samosa chat, so just figure out different ways of eating this healthy dish.
Sending this recipe and the following to Let's Sprout event of Priya, MLLA # 25 event of Siri started by Susan and Iftar Moments: Hijri 1431 event of Ayeesha.