This is a sandwich I had bookmarked the moment I saw and thankfully I got to prepare this sooner than many other bookmarked ones, lucky me :)
Recipe is not an exact replica of the original as I have made slight changes, so please check the original recipe here from my new friend Aipi. Thanks Aipi for this wonderful recipe.
I am sure you all know my love for Pesto by now... lol. I drool over anything that has pesto in it, may it be salad, sandwich, rice or pasta. This was another one of those love at first sight dishes. I did not have Panini maker, so I used my regular griddle and made a toasted sandwich instead.
Cheese Pesto Sandwich with Veggie Pattie and Veggies
Bread - 2 slices, I used brown
Veggie Pattie - 1 slice (Don Lee Farms Veggie Patties, I think you get this only in COSTCO, feel free to use anything else or your home made for this)
Pesto Sauce - 1-2 tbsp depending on how much you like it on your bread (I used Classico Brand, store bought sauce, but feel free to make at home)
Butter - to butter the outside of your sandwich, quantity depends on your preference
Cucumber - 3-4 slices, again add more or less per your liking
Tomato slices - 2-3 slices, again add more or less per your liking
Mozzarella Cheese - 1-2 slices, you can use slices or shredded. I had only shredded available, so I used a fistful of that.
- I had to grill my veggie pattie as well, so I did that per box's instructions before working on breads.
- Apply pesto sauce on insides of your breads.
- Apply butter on the outside of your breads.
- Place veggie pattie on one slice of the bread (with pesto sauce inside) and place desired amount of cheese on top. Cover it with another slice of the bread and toast them to the desired crunch and golden brown.
- Once it is toasted, place cucumber and tomato slices on the toast by removing one bread slice and keeping it back.
- Cut it in triangles and enjoy.
Note: Some people like my husband, we prefer adding tomato slices while toasting itself. We feel it gives a nice flavor, so feel free to do that, if you like it that way.
This is a real quick lunch/dinner fixing. If you are in a jiffy, this only takes like 5 min. in total and you would love it till the last bite. Usually I add mayo, mustard and pickles in my sandwich but as this had pesto, it had almost all those flavors (similar ones), so I just enjoyed it with some nice ketchup :)
I am sending this to Nupur's Blog Bites 5: Sandwiches and Wraps.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.