I am so happy with the way my new vegetable patch is coming along. Of course, I have made a few blunders, which I am sure happen with newbies. Here is a curry that I am presenting made with different green leaves from my own garden. Isn't that great..lol :)
Here is a pic of all the leaves before being cooked. I am sure you can guess which is what, right? There is spinach, beetroot leaves and carrot leaves.
Gajar/Chukandar/Palak ki Pattiyan aur Paneer Ki Sabzi - गाजर/चुकंदर/पालक की पत्तियां और पनीर की
सब्जी (Carrot/Beet/Spinach Leaves and Paneer Curry)
Gajar Ki Pattiyan (Carrot Leaves) - 1 cup, chopped
Chukandar Ki Pattiyan (Beetroot Leaves) - 1 cup, chopped
Palak (Spinach) - 1 cup chopped
Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - 1 cup, cut in small cubes
Onion - 1 cup, finely chopped
Ginger - 1 tbsp, grated
Garlic - 4 big cloves, minced
Rai (Mustard Seeds) - 1 tsp
Jeera (Cumin Seeds) - 1 tsp
Haldi (Turmeric Powder) - 1 tsp
Lal Mirch (Red Chili) Powder - 1 tsp
Dhaniya (Coriander) Powder - 1 tsp
Jeera (Cumin) Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Wash and chop all leaves as shown in the picture above.
- Take a pan, add oil and add rai/jeera.
- Once the seeds are spluttering, add ginger/garlic and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add onion and fry till they become translucent.
- Add all dry powders including salt and fry for another min.
- Add all leaves, 1/4 cup water and let it cook till leaves are well done.
- Add paneer and let it cook for another 2 min. and turn off the heat
Serve it with warm roti/paratha or even rice.
As I have used gajar (carrot) leaves in this recipes, I am sending this to Healing Foods - Carrots event of Suma, started by Siri.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.