I have been meaning to make this for a while as a big procrastinator that I am, making this on the last day of the event. This is a very common kind of pakoda in our families. Usually, we use fresh corn, but I had only canned corn in hand, so I used the same. Sorry, the pic is not what I wanted, but then again I was in hurry.
Makai Paneer Pakoda - मकई पनीर पकोड़ा (Corn and Cottage Cheese Fritters)
Makai (Corn) - 1.5 cups, crushed finely or ground
Paneer - 1 cup, grated or crumbled
Milk - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1/2 cup
Green Chilies - 2-3, finely chopped (I used 3/4 tsp red chili powder instead)
Besan (Chick Pea Flour) - 1/2 cup
Haldi (Turmeric Powder) - 1/2 tsp
Dhaniya (Coriander) Powder - 3/4 tsp
Jeera (Cumin) Powder - 3/4 tsp
Amchur (Dry Mango) Powder - 1/2 tsp
Anardana (Dry Ground Pomegranate) Powder - 2 tsp
Cilantro - 1//4 cup
Salt - per taste
Oil - for deep frying
- Take a non-stick pan with 1 tsp oil in it and add ground c0rn in it.
- Stir Fry for about 4 minutes.
- Add milk and let it cook till for few more min.
- Remove it from heat and let it cool down.
- Once fried corn paste is all the way cooled down, add the rest of the ingredients to it (except oil for frying).
- Take a spoonful of batter and drop slowly in hot oil (the batter won't be thick enough or dough like to make balls, it will be soft dough).
- Fry the pakodas (fritters) till they are golden brown and drain on a paper towel before serving.
Serve them as a munchy snack or appetizer with your favorite chutney or sauce.
I am sending this to Veggie/Fruit A Month - Corn event hosted by Akheela started by me, Vegetarian - Foodie Fridays event, Monthly Mingle - Party Treats event of Sara, Let's Munch Tea Time Snacks event of Sharmi
That's all for now. Take care till next post.