How is everyone doing? Had a nice (very less laptop time) weekend. It is a holiday today as well, so enjoying it. But, I have to post this as today is the last day of Best Out of Waste event of Nithu. I had planned 2-3 more items for this event, but unfortunately, I am out of time.
Turai Ke Chhilke Ki Sabzi - तुरई की छिलके की सब्जी (Ridge Gourd Peels Curry)
Turai Ke Chhilke (Peels of Ridge Gourd) - 1 cup, washed and chopped to desired size (remember that it takes a while for these peels to cook, so cut them small)
Aloo (Potato) - 1 cup, washed, peeled and cubed to desired size
Haldi (Turmeric Powder) - 1/2 tsp
Dhaniya (Corinader) Powder - 1 tsp
Jeera (Cumin) Powder - 1 tsp
Lal Mirch (Red Chili) Powder - 1 tsp
Amchur (Dry Mango) Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Jeera (Cumin Seeds) - 1/2 tsp
Rai (Mustard Seeds) - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Wash, peel and dice/chop both ridge gourd peel and potatoes.
- Take oil in a pan and add rai/jeera and let them splutter.
- Add the peels, potato and all dry powders and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup or so water, cover the pan and let the peels cool, potatoes will cook fast, so keep an eye on the peels.
- Once the peel is cooked, remove the led and let it get fried for 2-3 min.
Serve it warm with roti/rice as you may like.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.