Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday Event

Hello friends,


Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I was out for yesterday, so it will take few hours before I can post the roundups for A.W.E.D. - Spain and Think Spice: Think Fenugreek events. Thanks to all my fellow bloggers who have participated and sent me so many entries.


Today, I am coming to you with a new WEEKLY event. Yes, a weekly compared to usual monthly event.


All of us bloggers and non-bloggers alike always bookmark tons of recipes, basically anything and everything that pleases our eyes or we think will suit our palettes. I too like many others have 100+ (or may close to 200) recipes bookmarked so far from before and since I started blogging. Sometimes, it looks like Hercules task to be able to get to many of those recipes as we keep adding more and more and some of the old ones just stay there forever or vice versa. 


Anyways, so, I thought of this weekly event, which would encourage all of us (bloggers and non-bloggers both) get to some of our bookmarked recipes every week (at least one a week), I know we bookmark more than one a week, but may be this will help us clear our lists.... lol


OK, so here are the rules,
  • You will have to prepare a recipe that you bookmarked previously from a blog, or any recipe source, it can even be from a book or magazine which you had cut, or taken notes from or folded the paper of, to remind you to make it sometime.  In short, any kind of bookmarked recipe is allowed.
  • Remember it has be to be something you make it and post it on Tuesday, no archived entries please :)
  • You can prepare the recipe anytime, just blog about it on Tuesday :)
  • Your dish can be from any course, no restrictions on that.
  • This is a pure vegetarian blog, so, I will only allow vegetarian bookmarked recipes here (eggs are allowed).
  • You can link more than one bookmarked recipe (with picture).
  • I will add a "Mr. Linky" to every Tuesday's post, so that you can link your post directly to my post and that way everyone can see those recipes right away and do not have to wait for my roundup. No need to send me an email with your posts.
  • For every recipe you make, please post the recipe source (a link if it is a website or picture of the book/magazine, if it is from the print media) along with picture (s). Please feel free to write recipe in your own way if you tweaked it a bit to suit your needs. Please do not copy/paste the recipe from the source.
  • If you are a non-blogger, please feel free to send me an email @ priya.mitharwal@gmail.com with your recipe and a picture and of course the recipe source.
  • Please link your posts which have tried bookmarked recipes with the following logo. This is mandatory.
I have a small question for all of you. I was wondering if I should be adding a theme for every week or a month for this event or just let it be any bookmarked recipes. Please let me know what you think.


That's all for now. I am looking forward to many many entries for this weekly event.

29 comments:

SS blogs here said...

Hey Priya.. nice idea for an event. Will be sure to participate. Regarding suggestions about theme or no-theme,if you find the number of entries is too large for you to manage then you could introduce themes. In any case you are likely to get a whole lot of entries for an event like this! :)

Hayley said...

Hey Priya
nice event...all the best ! I would say every week...also please can you add my event Peda on to your page..

cheers ! Thanks...

Sweet Artichoke said...

What a brilliant idea!
I will start "digging" into my bookmarked treasures right now... :-)

aipi said...

i am sure my fellow bloggers will identify with me that we often bookmark recipes but either forget or never find time to get back to them..
i think this event is a great way to give us all an opportunity to dig into our book marks n give them a shot.
very nice event Priya !

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow...very innovative event idea...love the concept. Happy hosting Priya.

ruchikacooks said...

Nice one priya, I have lots of bookmarked ones too! Count me in!

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Great idea, but I suggest you allocate certain theme for each week so we can concentrate on this alone. Wish you a great success for this event...

Kalyani and Gayatri said...

Great event Priya. Have to start checking the bookmarked recipes

swapna said...

lovely event priya...count me in...

The Housewife said...

This is a good idea! Its definetly an incentive to start digging into all those bookmarked recipes… I have so many of them!

Swathi said...

Nice event Priya. I have lot in to do list.

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely event hoping to participate

PS said...

Nice event Priya, i have lots of bookmarked recipes, count me in..

Champa said...

Interesting idea for an event. I would feel setting up a theme would make the other person make only some and if you leave it without a theme, you might get many entries plus we'll get to try all the recipes we've bookmarked. Since there is no roundup composing, you can try without a theme first and see how the response is. Will surely try to send in some.

Mina Joshi said...

Great idea. I just cooked two dishes from 2 blogs yesterday which I had book marked last week !! I will try and join in but as I work full time - I may not be able to do it every Tuesday.

Heather S-G said...

Sounds like fun! I probably have thousands of recipes bookmarked...I've been marking recipes for as long as I can remember! I'll try to link up whenever possible, but I do my Tuesday event already, so if I use a bookmarked recipe, I'll be sure to link up here, too! =)

Satya said...

its a wonderful idea priya ...love u n ur idea too ..priya don't keep any theme as the event is about bookmarks ,if u want u can limit the no of entries to 2 per person ..happy hosting

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

veena said...

interesting idea. theme would be perfect too:-)

Unknown said...

Thats a wonderful idea, Priya..We will surely participate in this event..

Unknown said...

good one..and a nice idea..

Umm Mymoonah said...

Nive event Priya, lot's of bookmarked recipes in line, will surely try to send some:-)

Kanchan said...

Awesome idea babes ! Will try my best to catch up with your events..

Aparna S Mallya said...

Definitely a great idea! It will motivate us to try the recipes we bookmarked.

Priya (elaichii) said...

sounds good and would surely participate!

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

great idea priya...u r inspiring me to peep into tempting recipes from fellow bloggers to give it a try as i just go n comment and nt able to read full recipes n bookmark it.firstly champa inspired me and i tried her 3 dishes.frankly speaking i dont get enough time to post my recipes,as my draft is flowing with 20 plus unposted recipes which has to b edited n posted...but surely wil tk time and peep into other blogs and bookmark some and wil send ur way....

Madhavi said...

Great event Priya :))

Vatsala. said...

Hi Priya,
I want to send a recipe(my first entry)for this event but I am not seeing the logo and it seems it is mandatory to link the logo.
Thanks
Vatsala
showandtell-vatsala.blogspot.com

Madhusmita said...

Tapioca/Sabudana Upma from RedSpice.in- http://redspice.in/2011/08/tapiocasabudana-upma/

swapna said...

Nice event.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails