Another spicy and yummy dish from Rajasthan. My sister-in-law Manju didi makes it really well and I am still learning it :)
Lahsan ki chutney - लहसन की चटनी (Spicy Garlic Chutney)
Lahsan (Garlic) - 1 cup
Pyaaz (Onion) - 1 cup (sliced or chopped whichever way, doesn't matter much as you will grind it anyways)
Whole Lal Mirch (Whole Dry Red Chillies) - 1/4 cup
Water - 2 tbsp
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 3 - 4 tbsps
Namak (Salt) - as per taste
Rai (Mustard Seeds) - 1 tsp
Jeera (Cumin Seeds) - 1 tsp
- Soak whole lal mirch in water for about 30 minutes.
- Grind lahsan, pyaaz and soaked lal mirch (without water) and water together.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add rai, jeera and let them splutter.
- Add ground masala, namak and mix well.
- Fry for about 3-4 minutes.
- Cover and simmer till oil separates.
This is usually eaten with roti and dahi. Really hot and spicy.
Sending this to CWS - Cumin Seeds event of Simply Sara an event started by Priya of Priya's Easy and Tasty Recipes.
That's all for now. Till next post, take care.