Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to Everyone - Celebrating with Kalakand/Mawa Mishri

Hello friends,


Happy Mother's Day to all my dear blogger friends and readers.


I love my mom to death and I don't think I can ever thank her enough or give her back anythinng to her that matches all the love, encouragement, support, criticism and even scoldings :)


My mom is the best mom in the world. I can only hope to be like her for my kids.


On this special day, I made my mom's favorite sweet. She simply loves it and I could do nothing more than to make this for her while I am more than 10K miles away.









This delicious sweet is called "Kalakand". If you have never had it, it does reresemble to what many of the north indian eat as "Mawa Cake" or as in our Rajasthan it is called "Mawa Mishri". So, I am sure, now you can relate to it.


To make this wonderful sweet, I turned to what I found to be the best recipe and tempting picture from Mahanandi's blog. I am not going to repeat her recipe. Please visit her blog to check it. The only thing I changed is I didn't use cane sugar and used regular sugar as I didn't have cane sugar with me.


I am sending this sweet to the following events:


Blog Bites : Adaptation (I used regular sugar instead of Cane Sugar as mentioned by Mahanandi)
Mother's Day Event






Hope you all like it. That's all for now. Till next post, take care and have a wonderful mother's day :)

27 comments:

SS blogs here said...

Wow Priya.. looks so good!! :) Happy Mothers Day to you!

Ms.Chitchat said...

Loved ur write-up and the sweet too. Happy Mother's Day to u too.

Shabitha Karthikeyan said...

Happy Mother's Day..

Thanks for the entry...Kalakand looks yummy...

Sushma Mallya said...

Happy mothers day to you too priya, your mom must be very happy to read this one, kalakand looks yum,its one of my fav too

Sailaja said...

Looks yummy. Happy Mother's day to you tooo

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

happy mothers day to u dear..lovely write up...and the sweeeeets...simply yum...good work..

first time here...u have a lovely space...just started blogging..and love to add u in my list..
ur comments/suggestions r highly appreciated..happy blogging...following u>>>>>>



sanyuktagour(bayes)
http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

Aruna Manikandan said...

Happy Mother's Day :-)
Kalakand looks delicious and very tempting...
Nice clicks...

Simplyfood said...

This sweet looks yummy nad delicious.Happy Mothersday.

Nupur said...

Priya- isn't regular sugar and cane sugar the very same thing? I always thought cane sugar (as in, sugarcane sugar) is the regular stuff we use, and other sugars are given specific names like brown sugar, raw sugar etc. What do you think?

Priya Suresh said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Priya..Kalakand looks beautiful, delicious and truly droolworthy, my fav one too..

Niloufer Riyaz said...

happy mother's day Priya. kalakand looks delicious

Rumana Rawat said...

Happy Mother's Day Priya. Kalakand looks very tasty...

Saritha said...

Happy mothers day,kalkand looks yummmy

Kiran said...

Happy Mother's day Priya,MawaMisri looks very delicious.

TREAT AND TRICK said...

This is truly delicious meant for the special occasion, Happy Mother's Day to you and family...

Gita Jaishankar said...

Hi thanks for visiting my blog. You have a wonderful blog...loved all your recipes :) Happy Mother's day! the sweet looks so delicious...your mom must be so happy to see this :)

panchpakwan said...

Happy Mother'day Priya.
Looks yummy.
Thamk you so much for sending to my event.

Malar Gandhi said...

Happy Mother's day dear, sweet looks extremely tasteee, lovely picture:)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Happy Mother's day to you too...
Lovely dish !

Soma Pradhan said...

Nice recipe....looks wonderful

Suma Gandlur said...

Happy Mother's day, dear Priya.
We love kalakand and when we were in India, my husband used to get this sweet in particular, for every celebration.:)

Suman said...

so rich n delicious looking dessert..very very tempting...love to hv some nw...:)

Unknown said...

Wonderful write-up, Priya! Kalakand looks too good. Happy Mother's Day!!

Suhaina said...

Kalakand looks so tempting. Happy mothers day to u too dear. Happy to follow u.

Anu Nandu said...

Kalakkand looks absolutely gorgeous -KK always reminds me of Diwali ! But I do love to eat it any time of the year!

The Housewife said...

I never seem to get my desi sweets right! But you've inspired me to try! :) Btw Kalakand is one of my all time fave sweets!

Unknown said...

looks awesome..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails