Friday, May 7, 2010

Pineapple Upside Down cake

Hello friends,


A yummy dessert that I baked last weekend. I first had it when I went to this nice restaurant  called "The Grand Lux" near my office and I just started loving it. It was love at first bite... lol


Unfortunately, when I made it at home, I forgot to take the picture of a cut slice to show you how the cake came from inside.


Pineapple Upside Down cake





Ingredients
Ready-made Golden Cake Mix - 1 pack (I use Duncan Hines)
Pineapple slices - 5-7 round slices (I used canned)
Brown Sugar - 3-4 tbsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Cherries - 5-8 (I used canned again)
Preparation

  • Prepare Golden cake batter as per package instructions (usually you will have to add butter, cake and milk in it)
  • Now, take a round cake pan, add butter mentioned above and melt it very slightly (it shouldn't be all liquid).
  • Now, add a thin layer of brownsugar at the bottom of the pan.
  • Arrange slices of pineapple such that it covers the base of the entire pan.
  • Now, place cherries in the centers of those pineapple slices for decoration.
  • Pour Cake batter and bake it as per package instructions (of cake).
  • Once the cake is ready (please do not keep opening oven door and let it cook all the way till the timing mentioned on the package), let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
  • Now, place an inverted flat plate or tray at the top of the cake pan and in one swift motion, invert the cake from the pan. 
  • This is ready to be served.

Serving
Cut a slice and serve it for dessert, with a dollop of whipping cream or a scoop of your favorite ice-cream.


I have baked it twice so far and this has become our family's favorite cake now. Next time, I will try to bake the cake from scratch and not use the package one :)


This goes to Champa's Weekly Bake-off Event.


Till next post, take care.

13 comments:

Preety said...

this looks so delicious

Simplyfood said...

Pineapple cake looks wonderful and mouth watering.I could eat aslice right now.

Veggie Hut said...

Really a nice co-incidence.. i love pineapple flavour cakes..
cheers..

SS blogs here said...

Lovely!!!!! Pineapple cakes remind me of birthdays! Yous must have tasted delicious! :)

Priya Suresh said...

My favourite cake, makes me drool...Elegant cake..

Padma said...

Lovely cake... love pineapple flavor... looks yummy.

Cool Lassi(e) said...

I guess you are putting that stand-mixer to a good use after all.Did you mix it using that red buddy of urs? Looks splendid!

Kiran said...

First cake recipe from you and the best one.(I remember you saying that you are not a baker but this shows that you are a pro).Love the pics.Very delicious looking.Can I have a piece?

TREAT AND TRICK said...

This is great and eggless too..Happy Mother's Day to you and family....

Unknown said...

Dear "Treat and Trick", my batter was not eggless, just wanted to clarify that :)

I guess you might have mistaken it for "J's" cake as coincidently, both of us posted the same cake today :)

Unknown said...

looks beautiful and delicious..

Niloufer Riyaz said...

cake loooks soooooooooooo beautiful

Unknown said...

WOW! Thats a lovely and delicious cake...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails