A yummy dessert that I baked last weekend. I first had it when I went to this nice restaurant called "The Grand Lux" near my office and I just started loving it. It was love at first bite... lol
Unfortunately, when I made it at home, I forgot to take the picture of a cut slice to show you how the cake came from inside.
Pineapple Upside Down cake
Ready-made Golden Cake Mix - 1 pack (I use Duncan Hines)
Pineapple slices - 5-7 round slices (I used canned)
Brown Sugar - 3-4 tbsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Cherries - 5-8 (I used canned again)
- Prepare Golden cake batter as per package instructions (usually you will have to add butter, cake and milk in it)
- Now, take a round cake pan, add butter mentioned above and melt it very slightly (it shouldn't be all liquid).
- Now, add a thin layer of brownsugar at the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange slices of pineapple such that it covers the base of the entire pan.
- Now, place cherries in the centers of those pineapple slices for decoration.
- Pour Cake batter and bake it as per package instructions (of cake).
- Once the cake is ready (please do not keep opening oven door and let it cook all the way till the timing mentioned on the package), let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
- Now, place an inverted flat plate or tray at the top of the cake pan and in one swift motion, invert the cake from the pan.
- This is ready to be served.
Cut a slice and serve it for dessert, with a dollop of whipping cream or a scoop of your favorite ice-cream.
I have baked it twice so far and this has become our family's favorite cake now. Next time, I will try to bake the cake from scratch and not use the package one :)
This goes to Champa's Weekly Bake-off Event.
Till next post, take care.