I am here with a very yummy and cool milkshake, perfect for summer and a regular in my family :)
Sorry, the pic is not the greatest, little blurry.
Kesariya Thandai - केसरिया ठंडाई (Saffron and Nuts Milk Shake)
Badam (Almonds) - 1 cup
Khaskhas (Poppy Seeds) - 1/4 cup
Saunf (Fennel Seeds) - 1/2 cup
Pista (Pistachio) - 10-15
Black Pepper (Whole) - 8-10
Ilaichi (Green Cardamom) - 5-7
Rose Water - 2-3 tsps
Kesar (Saffron) - 10-12 strands (in Warm Water)
To Make The Drink
Milk - 8 oz. (1 cup) - for one serving
Sugar - 2 tsps (or as you like)
Malai (Heavy Cream) - 1 tbsp (Here the actual malai we get from boiling milk will be better than using ready-made heavy cream from the market)
Rose Petals - to garnish (optional)
Crushed Nuts - to garnish (optional)
- Make a paste of everything listed in "To Grind" ingredients with very little water (as little as needed). Make them coarse, if you like the bite of nuts when you drink thandai, but if you are making it for kids, it is better, you make it into a fine paste.
- Now, the above paste can be stored in refrigerator for almost a year or more. The above measurements will make about 20 cups of thandai (I mean just the masala).
- Keep the ground paste in referigerator before using.
- To make the thandai, take one cup of chilled milk, 1 tsp of masala and desired amount of sugar.
- Blend it well in a blender. You can mix it with spoon, but blending will give the best results.
Serve it in a nice tall glass topped by malai and may be some spirnkled nuts (if you like) and of course with some crushed ice or ice cubes.
Enjoy it in this coming summer season.
I am sending this for Thanda Mela event of Srivalli, Cooking with Seeds - Cardamom event of Priya and CoL - Summer Challenge event of Daisy Blue.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.