Thursday, May 20, 2010

Butter Murukku - माखन मुरुक्कू and A Wonderful Gift

Hello friends,


A Wonderful Gift


I received this wonderful gift from an amazing blog friend Champa. Few days ago, she said she will be giving away a book and little did I know that I will one of the receipients. Right now, my son (5 yr old) is scanning through the pics and deciding what he would like me to make... lol :)






Butter Murukku - माखन मुरुक्कू 


OK, so, this is my son's absolute favorite in snack along with Nimki. I wanted to try an easy version, so went with Butter Murukku as described in the link. I following the exact same procedure as mentioned in the recipe and what a result, my son absolutely loved it and wanted me to experiment with different moulds in the murukku maker. Yes, finally I borrowed it from one my dear friends Raji and tried this version as I lost mine during one of my moves. Next time I go to India, this is something I HAVE to buy and get back along with few other gadgets.




Now that I tried this, I want to experiment with some other varieties of murukku (meaning different combination of ingredients). And, my personal absolutele favorites is that of urad dal (Skinned Split Black Lentils). My best friend's mother makes them such that they will melt in your mouth. I have to somehow get that recipe and try it out.


Till my next experiment with murukku enjoy these and take care.

31 comments:

Gita Jaishankar said...

Congrats on the winning :) butter murrku looks very crispy and appetizing :)

Prema said...

Butter Mururku luks crips and colourful!wounderful gift u got!

Preeti Kashyap said...

This looks lovely and crispy! Congrats on receiving the lovely book!

Kiran said...

A very nice and crispy murukku.Congaratulations on your gift.Waaiting for wonderful cakes from you.

Champa said...

Priya, I am glad you like the book. I started baking cakes using those recipes and honestly, I learnt a lot about basics of cake baking because of that book. Enjoy.

Suhaina said...

wow. this is my son's fav too. He can finish off a jar in 2 days. Murukku has come out very well. Nice. Congrads dear for the book. Hope to see some new postings from ur new book.

SS blogs here said...

Murukku looks great! I guess we can expect some baking next! :) Enjoy the book! Cheers!

Unknown said...

that is a awesome gift...murukku looks perfect..

Indian Khana said...

Congrats dear....muruku looks delicious...I can munch them any time ;)

Nitha said...

This looks delicious... I have the same in my drafts :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the fantastic gift! Murrukku looks crispy and delicious..Looking forward to seeing your cake recipes :)

Chetana Suvarna Ganatra said...

Hey Priya, tats a cool gift...murrukku my fav snack too...like the crispy bite.

Tia said...

i look fwd to your posts from this book. i have the original (yellow) cake mix dr book and wonder how this compares.

Pari Vasisht said...

Congrats on winning. The fritters and murukku looks so good.

Life is beautiful !!! said...

My all tie favourite snack. Looks very gud :)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

i love murukku too...never tried at home though...
looks perfect!

Sushma Mallya said...

Congrats on your gift priya, lucky you and murukku is one of my fav snack too, nice and crispy

Priya Suresh said...

Fabulous gift Priya..thats so nice of Champa na..Butter muruku looks super crispy and prefect for evening snacks.

Raks said...

I too am a big fan of butter murukku! Love it ! I too had an eye on Simple Indian food's murukku, now I hav to try this out its really tempting!

Niloufer Riyaz said...

butter looks perfect n Congrats on winning the book

Aruna Manikandan said...

Congratulations!!!!!
Butter murukku looks perfect and crispy dear :-)

Rajee Mani said...

I so love butter muruku. Yours look very tempting. I seldom make it what with the uncontrolable urge I have to finish it all in one sitting :-) Absolutely irresistable !!

Panchpakwan said...

Many Congarts Priya.
Butter murukku looks crunchy and

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Congrats dear...
Very intriguing recipe...sounds like must try...thanks da.

shriya said...

Congrats!!! Murukku looks sooo crispy and yummy. Can I grab one :-)

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Congrats on winning the book, murukku turns out crunchy and perfect dear...

R said...

wow, congratulations!!!
the murukkus look super crunchy and yummy :)

Namitha said...

Congrats Priya :-)murukku looks wonderful

My Kitchen Antics said...

wow these look absolutely delicious...awesome tea time snack...

Simplyfood said...

These look yummy crunchy and delicious.

Shabs.. said...

wow they are good.....i just made my third batch of murukku yday....they are with urad dals....i guess i will post them next if you would love to give it a shot. it is made from scratch though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails