Monday, May 3, 2010

Kairi Ki Launji and Awards


Hello friends,


Here is one more launji for you guys. This time it is something that is in season. It is raw mango.


Kairi Ki Launji (Raw Mango in Sweet and Sour Mix)


Ingredients
Kairi (Raw Mango) - 2 cups (chop them in 1 inch squares)
Kalonji (Nigella Seeds) - 1 tsp
Saunf (Fennel Seeds) - 1 tsp
Haldi (Turmeric) - 1/2 tsp
Lal Mirch (Red Chilli) Powder - 1/2 tsp (if you prefer, you can add chopped green chillies instead of red chilli powder)
Dhaniya (Coriander) Powder - 1/2 tsp
Amchur (Mango Powder) - 2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Cheeni (Sugar) - 2 tbsp (reduce or increase based on your palette)
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - as per taste
Preparation




  • Take a pan and heat oil in it.
  • Add both kalonji and saunf in it to splutter
  • Add chopped aam, haldi, namak, lal mirch powder and dhaniya powder to it fry for 2 min.
  • Add about 1/2 cup of water, cover the pan and let it simmer till aam is cooked (not mushy, but cooked).
  • Add amchur, garam masala and cheeni to it and cook till cheeni is nicely dissolved. 
  • Make sure the launji is not runny, so please do not add any more water than needed. It is not a complete dry curry but not even a gravy curry, somewhere in between. It should be just that the sauce has coated the shimla mirch and not more than that.

Serving
Serve it with either roti/paratha or poori. As I said for other launjis, this is also prepared and stored in refrigerator and used by warming it when needed. 

It can easily stay up in fridge for 2-3 weeks. 


Sending this to Mango Moods event hosted by Anupama.


I also would like to share the following awards which were shared with me by YummyOYummy team. Thanks guys for sharing these wonderful awards.





Whoever receives these awards should list 5  favorite recipes from their blogs. Here are my favorite recipes: Gulab Jamun, Dall-Baati-Choorma, Kairi Ki Sabzi, Panchmel Daal, Gatte Ki Sabzi













I would like to share these with wow, almost all of my blogger friends. But, just to name a few, here are my blogger friends from the following blogs:

That's all for now. Till next post, take care.

30 comments:

Kiran said...

Very delicious looking mango sabji.
Congrats on all your awards.You deserve them.

Panchpakwan said...

Congarts on awards dear..
Lovely and tempting 5 dishes..

Priya Suresh said...

Raw mango curry sounds truly fantastic..but cant able to see the picture...

Unknown said...

Thanks Everyone.

@ Priya, thanks for noticing, looks like I forgot to post the main launji's recipe :(

shriya said...

Congrats on your awards. Lovely and delicious dishes.

SathyaSridhar said...

Congrats on all ur awards dear,,well deserved... Raw mango pachadi looks soo delicious dear we also do maangai pachadi the same taste only bit difference in ingredients,,I Like the gulab jamooooon..

SathyaSridhar said...

Congrats on all ur awards dear,,well deserved... Raw mango pachadi looks soo delicious dear we also do maangai pachadi the same taste only bit difference in ingredients,,I Like the gulab jamooooon..

Unknown said...

Kairi ki launji looks soo delicious, so are your favourite dishes..Love them all..

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Congrats on ur awards. Love the mango curry.

Sayali said...

Awesome Priya...congratulations :) kairi's recipe is different one ...i have 1 kairi at home. Will tell you if I try this recipe of yours

Simplyfood said...

This mango dish looks lovely and delicious.I can just imagine the tangy taste.

Congrats on your awards,Wishing you many more to come.
Many thanks for sharing them with me.Its very thoughtful of you.

I have accepted them here:
http://simplysensationalfood.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-awards.html

Niloufer Riyaz said...

thanks a lot for your lovely comments. first time here. Rajastani cuisine is always my favorite. I think I will be able to learn more new dishes from you.
The curry looks absolutely delicious

hamaarethoughts.com said...

nice good recipe,will taste definitely good with poori"s and other kinds of bread...
I like traditional food!

SS blogs here said...

So I guess Launji refers to the method of preparation and ingredient combination. Can add any main ingredient. This one looks great too. Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

Unknown said...

Thanks to all of you for encouraging comments.

@ Nayna, thanks for accepting awards.

@ Niloufer, welcome to my blog. Please keep visiting.

@ SS, yes, Launji is basically a process and the same set of spices, that can be cooked with any star ingredient. Next time, I will be making tomato launji :)

Faiza Ali said...

Yummy Mango dish dear and congrats on your awards.

The Housewife said...

I just discovered your blog and I'm so thrilled! Rajasthani food is one of my all time fave cuisines! The mango subji looks amazing!

Rumana Rawat said...

Congrats dear on your awards... and this dish is lovely..

AJ said...

Thanks Priya!! Your site is great and I am loving the Rajasthani recipes you have here.

Sushma Mallya said...

Tempting and tangy dish, love the recipe, am sure it will be awesome...and congrats on all your awards priya, u really deserve this and much more than this one...and thanks so much for sharing it with me as well...

Raks said...

This is similar to the raw mango pachdi we make,this version sounds good! Enjoy the awards!

Unknown said...

i havent had mangoes this year and you tempt me like this..looks fantastic..

Indrani said...

Lovely recipe and congrats on well deserved awards and thanks for remembering me...

Indrani said...

Priya, can you add my new blog in your blogroll..
name : Recipe index of Appyayan
URL : http://riappyayan.blogspot.com

Meena said...

lovely mango launji...thnx for sharing the awards n CONGRATS ON THE LOVELY AWARDS TO YOU...

Kanchan said...

Congrats on your awards dear !
Liked this version on launji, will give it a try sometime soon.

Sonal said...

Hi dear.. you have a great space.
Trust me, Your blog have the recipes I can related to What my mom taught me :D
Looking forward to more gr8 recipes from you dear

sangeeta said...

hey i see that all your favorite foods are mine to......i am drooling here on your daal bati n gatte ki sabzi....

i have recently posted a UP version of aam ki launji .....your's looks great .

Unknown said...

Hi Priya, thanks for some great recipes from rajasthan. your blog is a fantastic place to read about everyday and elaborate rajasthani food. Keep up the good work!!!

Srivalli said...

Priya, I happened to land here to read on this mango chutney and then saw my name being mentioned..so sweet of you..:)..thank you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails