Thursday, June 30, 2011

Flavors of Rajasthan Event - My Entries

Hello All,


I was so happy when I saw this event announcement called Flavors of Rajasthan @ Sonu's blog. The series was original started by Nayna.
Here are some of my yummy contributions to this event. I have about 90+ Rajasthani recipes, now couldn't list all, but here are a top few. Enjoy !!!

  1. Choorma (चूरमा)
  2. Methi ki Launji (मेथी की लौंजी)
  3. Panchmel Dal - पंचमेल दाल (Five Lentils Dal)
  4. Baati - बाटी  (Wheat Balls - Rolls)
  5. Gatte Ki Sabzi - गट्टे की सब्जी
  6. Dahi Papd Ki Sabzi - दही पापड़ की सब्जी
  7. Malai Mirch - मलाई मिर्च (Green Chillies in Heavy Cream) 
  8. Ghiya and Chana Dal Ki Sabzi - घीया और चना दाल की सब्जी (Bottle Gourd and Gram Dal Curry)
  9. Mooli Ki Bhunji - मूली की भूंजी (Fried Asian GiantWhite Raddish)
  10. Dhaniye Ke Beej Ke Laddoo - धनिये के बीज के लड्डू (Coriander Seeds' Sweet)
  11. Pyaaz Ki Kachori - प्याज की कचोरी (Onion Filled and Fried All Purpose Flour Balls)
  12. Besan Laddoo - बेसन लड्डू (Chick Pea Flour Sweet Balls)
  13. Kesariya Thandai - केसरिया ठंडाई (Saffron and Nuts Milk Shake)
  14. Rajasthani Pakoda Kadhi - राजस्थानी पकोड़ा कढ़ी (Chickpea and Cilantro Fritters in Yogurt/Chickpea Gravy)
  15. Lahsan ki chutney - लहसन की चटनी (Spicy Garlic Chutney)
  16. Jaipur Mewe Ka Pulao - जयपुरी मेवा पुलाव (Jaipur Nuts Pilaf)
  17. Sabz Jaipuri - सब्ज़ जयपुरी (Vegetable Jaipuri)
  18. Kuttu Ke Aate Ki Poori - कुट्टू के आटे की पूरी (Fried Bread of Buckwheat Flour)
  19. Bajre Ki Roti - बाजरे की रोटी (Millet Flour Flatbread)
  20. Jau Ki Ghaat - जौ की घाट (Barley and Yogurt Raita / Drink)

There are many many more Rajasthni Recipes, you can check them by visiting here.


That's all for now. Take care till next post.

45 comments:

Archana said...

Bookmarked!! I am coming back to this post again when I want to make some of these yummy dishes.

Ria Mathew said...

WOW! What a spread, Priya!

I love Besan Ladoos the best!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Mind blowing array of lovely foods! Hungry now :D

Madhavi said...

Oh my my...super yummyyy entries..want to try everything from this page but gatte ki sabi first.. :))

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

I wish I was your neighbour....you made me hungry with such an elaborate spread. real treat for eyes.

Priya Suresh said...

Woww wat a wonderful and lovely array of delicious Rajasthani dishes..

Anjali Bapna Shukla said...

Oh gosh...this all can almost drive me crazy!!
I just can't take my eyes off the list, forget about the detailed recipes which will take long long long to go through... :)

Deepthi KR said...

priya they look yummy!!!!baati is completely new for me!!!!
Happy Blogging!!!!
Food Blog News Daily
Good Food Recipes

Deepthi KR said...

priya they look yummy!!!!baati is completely new for me!!!!
Happy Blogging!!!!
Food Blog News Daily
Good Food Recipes

Unknown said...

Lovely dishes Priya. Havent tried much of Rajasthani dishes. This looks like a great place to start!

Julie said...

wow..so many yummy flavours of Rajasthan..love to try some of these!

Sravs said...

wow wow nice collection of rajasthani recipes !! loved all of them !!

San said...

Iam awestruck on seeing these luscious rajasthani dishes, literally drooling here.

http://sanscurryhouse.blogspot.com

aipi said...

You summed up the cuisine of the entire state in this post! One could bookmark this page as a source of authentic Rajasthani recipes :)
US Masala

Elaichii said...

So many mouth watering authentic recipes! Looking good!

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Oh Priya....a spread of tempting recipes.....love them...

? said...

Wonderful collection of recipes. Thanks for sharing this Priya!

Vardhini said...

Nice collection Priya .. most of them are new to me :)

Vardhini

Neha said...

Waoooooo.... What a collection of recipes ,me too a rajasthani, but never tried much authentic marwari dishes.., now feels like trying out some soon... :)

CinnamonNChillies said...

I looove rajasthani cuisine and ur blog is an absolute treat to read. The pictures itself start my imagination running :-) And 90+ rajasthani dishes? Wow! U rock :-)

Sanctified Spaces said...

A treasure trove of authentic Rajasthani recipes. Damn good.

sonu said...

wow ! wow ! priya all the dishes are looking exceptionally delicious..thnkx a bunch dear..u really made my day..hugs !

Laxmipriya said...

Lovely collection.. Bookmarked to try soon.

hemalata said...

Wonderful collection of Rajasthani recipes,loved them all.Thanks for sharing dear.

Sushma Mallya said...

wow Priya truely yummy and delicious platter of dishes!

Anonymous said...

wow so many yummy dishes at one place, i have long back bkmrk u for rajsthani cuisines, have to try all of them !!!
till date i have made gatte ka saag bfr i found u,
have a look

congrats on winning the giveway

herbs and flowers banana blossom at my space

Anonymous said...

wow so many yummy dishes at one place, i have long back bkmrk u for rajsthani cuisines, have to try all of them !!!
till date i have made gatte ka saag bfr i found u,
have a look

congrats on winning the giveway

herbs and flowers banana blossom at my space

Angela said...

Wow! This is a truly outstanding collection. It could be a cookbook.

Suganya said...

Very nice spread of recipe. Looks so cool... YUM!

ruchikacooks said...

I remember gatte ki subzi, that was one of the first ones you had posted right?

9.5 yrs is nothing yaar, I never cooked BG or ate it all my life except for the pregnancy times..hubby also hates it, partners in crime ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello Priya... I had your malai mirch today. It's very good and so E-Z! I followed your instructions but for two things: I added some garlic and quadrupled the recipe amounts. Thanks for sharing it.

Namitha said...

Wow ! That is a great spread indeed :-)

Torviewtoronto said...

congrats on the win
delicious dishes looks wonderful

Urmi said...

All the dishes looks delicious and yummy. Lovely collection with variety of recipes.

Shobha said...

Such yummy and authentic dishes of Rajasthan...I have book marked this page to try them out some time.

SinFoodie said...

This is an amazing collection!!! All the goodies at one place. Love it !!!!
Btw, I have left a comment for you for the cupcake flowers on my post.

Alessandra said...

What a feast!

Unknown said...

O my God what a delicious list priya I can not stop lookig at them wow mouth watering realy a feast for eyes

Chaitanya said...

wow grand buffet ... awesome collection of recipes love them
www.rajafood.blogspot.com

Reeni said...

You have a great collection of recipes Priya! All mouth-watering delicious!

Joanne said...

Wow all of these look so good!

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow...fantastic round up..

Tasty Appetite

arthi said...

lovely collection of recipes..

Vegetarian Zest said...

I wish i could make each recipe each day. Loved all the pictures.

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Lovely collection, bookmarked.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails