Here is another delicacy from my Jaipur city, i.e., from Rajasthan. Hope you all like it as much as we do. I learnt this from my SIL, my sweet Manju didi. I love you didi :)
Jaipur Mewe Ka Pulao - जयपुरी मेवा पुलाव (Jaipur Nuts Pilaf)
Basmati Chawal (Rice) - 1 cup (soaK in water for 2 hours)
Milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1/2 cup
Ilaichi (Green Cardamom) Powder - 1/2 tsp
Chironji (Buchanania Lanzan) - 1 tsp, sliced or chopped
Kishmish (Raisins) - 1 tsp
Kaju (Cashew Nuts) - 1 tsp, sliced or chopped
Badam (Almonds) - 1 tsp, sliced or chopped
Kesar (Saffron) - few strands
- Heat milk in a heavy bottomed pan (no need to boil) and add ghee, ilaichi powder and soaked rice.
- Simmer for 10 min (keep stirring) every minute or so.
- Add 1 cup sugar and mix well.
- Add chironji, kishmish, badam, kaju and kesar and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 7-8 min. (keep stirring every few min) or till rice is well cooked.
- Take it off heat and keep it covered for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Serve it as a dessert. It is very close to pudding, but has a pulao look and feel.
That's all for now and take care till the next post.