Moong Dal Halwa - मूंग दाल हलवा (Moong Bean Fudge)
Moong Dal (Yellow Moong Bean) - 1/2 cups
Mawa/Khoa (Milk Reductions) - 1/2 cup
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Mixed nuts - I picked Cashew and raisins (broken), roasted in little ghee.
- Soak moong dal in water for about 2-3 hours and then grind to coarse paste with no water.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and fry ground moong till nice aroma comes from it and it stops sticking to the bottom.
- Now, add mawa and sugar to it and mix well, stirring frequently till, it all comes to a halwa/fudge consistency.
- Once the dal is all cooked, nice aroma will come and the ghee will start separating, which would mean it is done.
- At this point, mix fried cashew and raisins to it or use it as garnishing in individual bowls, as you prefer.
- Alternatively, you can grease a plate, pour the cooked halwa right after you take it off from the heat and then cut in desired shapes. Just easy to serve and good portion size :)
Serve it as dessert (warm) to end a perfect dinner !!!
That's all for now. Do check out what other BM bloggers are doing.