Here is one curry, which I am not sure where it was originated but is surely called Vegetable Jaipuri.
Sabz Jaipuri - सब्ज़ जयपुरी (Vegetable Jaipuri)
Mixed Veggies - 3 cups chopped (You can use any blend of veggies here, there is no what to use and what not to - I used, peas, carrots, green beans, corn and potatos)
Haldi (Turmeric Powder) - 1/2 tsp
Lal Mirch (Red Chilli) Powder - 1 tsp
Laung (Cloves) - 3-4
Dalchini (Cinnamon Stick) - 1 inch piece
Salt - as per taste
Oil/Ghee - 1 tbsp
Dhaniya Patti (Cilantro) - few sprigs
Jeera (Cumin Seeds) - 1 tbsp
Dhaniya (Coriander) Seeds - 1 tbsp
Kaju (Cashew Nuts) - 10-12
Pyaaz (Onion) - 1 cup chopped
Tomato - 1 cup chopped
- Dry Roast dhaniya and jeera and then grind it to a paste (with little water) along with other ingredients under "To Grind".
- Take a pan and add oil to it.
- Add dalchini and laung and fry till nice aroma comes out of it.
- Add chopped veggies and salt and saute for 5 minutes.
- Now, add ground paste, haldi, lal mirch powder, 1 cup water and mix well.
- Cover, reduce the heat and cook till veggies are cooked well.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Serve with naan/paratha/roti warm.
I am sending this to Healing Foods - Onion event hosted by Priya and started by Siri.
That's all for now. Take care till the next post.