Monday, June 27, 2011

Best Chocolate Banana Bread Ever

Hello Friends,

It has been a few days since I posted something, just too busy with summer activities. Here is a simple yet the best Chocolate Banana bread I have had ever. This is a recipe I got from a colleague, Jerri, who is such a great baker and I love that I get to taste them very often.. lol

I am very very sure that if you try, you will thank me and her both and save this recipe forever. Technically this is a bread recipe, but as I did not have a loaf pan, I tried it as a round cake and loved it. So, you can make it into a cake with some chocolate frosting or a bread and serve it at breakfast with some butter on it. Notice those nice chocolate chips peeking from the slice? This is all I could take picture as the cake was gone within minutes and I cannot even tell you how moist it was, just amazing.

Now, without further ado, here is the recipe from Jerri to me to you.

Best Chocolate Banana Bread Ever
Ingredients

Butter - 1/2 cup, softened 
White Sugar - 1 cups
Eggs - 2
Bananas - 3 pureed
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
All Purpose Flour - 1.5 cups
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 2 tbsp
Sour Cream - 1/2 cup
Semisweet Chocolate Chips - 1/2 to mix in the batter and about 1/4 cup more to just fold in
Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a loaf pan.
  • In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. 
  • Stir in bananas and vanilla. 
  • Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. 
  • Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. 
  • Right before pouring in pan, fold in those extra chocolate chips (totally optional step).
  • Pour batter into prepared pans. 
  • Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean. 

Note: You can substitute 1/2 cup of sour cream with a combination of 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup of buttermilk an 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.  Be sure to start the buttermilk and baking soda combination a few minutes prior to mixing with the other ingredients so they react.
Serving
Serve it with your favorite ice-cream on the side or top. You can also use some frosting. In my case, I just enjoyed it as it is :)


That's all for now. Take care till the next post.

40 comments:

Mélange said...

Ha,Priya..I am serious this time.Since you have tempted this much and assured that much,I am bookmarking.Lemme see,if it won't appear finally the way what now I have seen here,I know I will come to you..he he..hugs,

Julie said...

wow...Thats simply superb..looks soft n moist..I too have a black forest cake in my post today!!

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Bread looks moist and super...

Hari Chandana P said...

Woww.. looks so soft and tempting.. beautiful picture !!
Indian Cuisine

SinFoodie said...

This looks so delicious!!!

Madhavi said...

Oh nice this bread looks super soft and yumm!!

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Looks perfect and super moist.

Nitha said...

Soo moist and delicious..

KrithisKitchen said...

What a coincidence Priya... !! I too posted banana bread today.. your chocolate flavored one is super-cool..

http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com
Event: Healing Foods - Banana

Shylaja said...

Looks absolutely delicious Priya.
Clicks are inviting
South Indian Recipes

Malar Gandhi said...

Wow, that is indeed a splendid work there...lovely cake, tempts me a lot.

Please trail to find my latest updates at my new blog, part II - www.kitchen-mantra.blogspot.com.

Deepthi KR said...

priya!!! plz send be atleast 1 piece, i looks so delicious, tempting me a lot!!!!

Jaisy James said...

looks soft n yummy will sure make this soon

aipi said...

ooh... that look very luscious. I almost always have leftover bananas that I would otherwise have to throw away so this is almost a staple in my home for breakfast. What an amazing job you have done here.
US Masala

Elaichii said...

It's almost 4 pm here, and i am drooling over the banana bread! perfect with a hot cuppa!

Sobha Shyam said...

chocolate n banana..very interesting combo dear, cake looks delicious, soft n moist..yummy yummy :)

Ongoing Event at Good Food:
COOK IT HEALTHY:PROTEINicious

Suja Manoj said...

Soft and moist..lovely texture

Unknown said...

super moist cake.love the texture.
Vegie / Fruit a month - Orange

Anonymous said...

Woww..bread looks so soft.. I was planning to try some sort of bread today.. Lemme see if I have all the ingredients for this one :D

Swathi said...

Banana bread looks delicious.

Alessandra said...

This choco banana bread sounds good! I'll give you a +1!!

Ciao
Alessandra

divya said...

wow..bread looks so soft and tempting , that I feel like grabbing it from the pic....yum yum

Sravs said...

wow chocolate and banana very delicious combo !! cake looks so soft and perfectly baked !!

Chaitanya said...

spongy soft and too yummy ....
www.rajafood.blogspot.com

Prema said...

yummy combo dear,luks so soft and delicious...

tinyskillet said...

Tis bread looks wonderful, so moist and good!

sonu said...

looks super moist and delicious !

chef and her kitchen said...

Such a moist bread..looks superb n yummy

Unknown said...

the slice looks beautiful..love the soft spongy texture..looks yumm

Vardhini said...

Lovely Priya .. looks so moist and delicious. Banana and chocolate .. nice combo.

Vardhini
Event: Dish it Out - Spinach and Garlic
Event: Healthy Lunchbox Ideas - Broccoli

Urmi said...

Banana bread looks soft, spongy, yummy and tempting.

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

That's a yummmy and chocolately cake...love those choco chips peeking out...

Prathima Rao said...

Yup...No doubt about it..Does look like the best ever banana bread Priya!!! So moist & fab!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Sanjeeta kk said...

It does look the best! Lovely texture.

arthi said...

looks soft and delicious..yummy!!!

My Kitchen Antics said...

wow choc n banana is certainly a good combo

CinnamonNChillies said...

Perfect texture and looks so moist and spongy!

Usha said...

Banana chocolate bread looks very moist and delicious!

Anjali Bapna Shukla said...

Though I make Banana Fruit Cake very often, but adding chocolate would be like cherry on the cake, rather I would say, Chocolate on Banana! :)

Archana said...

Awesome! Looks so superb! Love it Priya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails