Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Roundup of Cooking For Kids - Whole Wheat and Fruits Event

Hello friends,

First of all I would like to thank Sharmi once again for letting me host this event for the month of May. Please do check her blog for future hosts and past round-ups and of course all of those yummy recipes that.

Here is the round-up for my very first event. I can’t thank enough for such an encouraging response and these beautiful entries from my fellow blog friends. I have listed them in the order I received them. I received total of 34 entries. I would like to special mention Champa (12 entries) and Nithu Bala (5 entries) for sending the most number of entries.

I apologize if I have missed anyone. I have bookmarked all of them for trying them out. My son is not a big fruit eater, so these recipes give me ideas on how to sneak them in :)

PJ of Seduce Your Tastebuds has sent this delicious Fruit Wrap which can be a fun thing to have for kids when they are on the go or during drives. 

Nithu Bala of Nithu's Kitchen has sent this yum-yum Fruits Sandwich which is a super way of including fruits in kids’ favorite sandwiches.

Nithu Bala of Nithu's Kitchen has sent this second super yummy Mixed Fruits & Bread Halwa. This is such a tempting recipe, you will have to check it out for yourself!!! 

My blog inspirer Rupali of RecipeGrabBag sending yummy Whole Wheat Flour Pancakes with Banana, which will be any kid’s dream pancake recipe. 

Champa from Stories from an Indian Kitchen sends these multiple super wonderful baked recipes. You need to check them all out yourself. Kids will love them no matter which time of the day !!!

Jyoti from The Veggie Hut sends these super scrumptious Whole Wheat Fruit Scones which look to die for. 

Priya from Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes sends these tempting Vegan Apple & Hazelnut Muffins. A must try!!!

Umm Mymoonah from Taste Of Pearl City sent these lovely looking Cinnamana Toast, which is actually my husband’s favorite… lol 

Priya from Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes sends this second recipe Cracked Wheat & Jackfruit Kheer, which is something you might not have heard of before, but a sure eye and tummy pleaser!!! 

Suma Gandlur from VeggiePlatter sends these delicious entries. You will have difficulty choosing your favorite!!!

Nithu Bala from Nithu's Kitchen sends another one of her wonderful recipes, Apple and Sweet Potato Cutlet. She always comes up with these innovative ideas!!! 

Apu from Annarasa: Essence of Food sends this yummylicious Fresh Apple, Pecan, and Cinnamon Cake. You will have to visit the recipe and you will fall in love with it!!! 

Priya from Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes sends 2 more entries of Apple Paniyaram which is a nice variation of usually eaten Paniyaram and Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Muffins (my favorite kind of muffin).

Nithu Bala from Nithu's Kitchen comes with 2 more creative recipes of hers which are again a must tryouts: Eggless Whole Wheat Fruit Cake and Fruit Bread Upma.

Kiran from SUMADHURA sent these beautiful looking recipes:  

Priya Srinivasan from Enveetu Kitchen sends these delicious Eggless Apple Banana Muffins which are a must try!!! (Sorry dear for missing this in the original round-up and thanks for reminding me)


And last but not the least, here are my entries for this event. Kele Ka Malpua and Aata aur Seb ka Halwa.

Enjoy these yummy recipes and I am very sure your kids will love them :)

I will be back with one more event tomorrow!!! Till then, take care.

22 comments:

R said...

gr8 round up priya, congratulations for hosting such a nice 1st event :))

Kiran said...

Nice roundup Priya.

Priya Suresh said...

Excellent roundup Priya..many dishes to try out..

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Lots of entries. Great collection of roundup!

Sailaja said...

Wow what a nice collection.. Congrats for hosting the event..

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Hy Priya,
Wonderful round up..Looking for your next interesting event.

R said...

gr8 round up priya!! congratulations on hosting ur first event :))

Unknown said...

Wonderful roundup, Priya..Lovely entries..

Simplyfood said...

Lovely round up and an interesting collection of recipes.

Panchpakwan said...

Nice roundup Priya...Well done.

Nithu Bala said...

Great round up dear..thanks for mentioning about me..will go thru' all the recipes..everything sounds so yum..

GayathriRaj said...

Hey thats a great roound up....lovely blogs naa.....i came across some nice blogs from this....thanku so much...well done...

Kanchan said...

Wonderful round up dear !
I missed this event :( but bookmarked for further reference .

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Wow!!! Excellent Roundup Priya. lot of Yummy and healthy dishes to try out not only for kids even for us too!!
But i think u have missed me!!!! Priya Missed Priya!!!!

Aruna Manikandan said...

Lovely roundup dear!!!!

Sushma Mallya said...

Nice round up priya

Umm Mymoonah said...

Excellent roundup Priya with all yummy, kids friendly recipes, will come back and check one by one.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Excellent roundup Priya !! Nice bunch of recipes for kids

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

AJ said...

Great roundup!! Priya - you got a lovely collection of recipes for this event!!

Hayley said...

Great round up priya!!

Padmajha said...

Nice roundup priya!I will come back again to check out the super entries :)

Sharmi said...

Hi Priya,
Sorry I am very late here.
Congrats on the first event been done successfully.
Such nice and healthy entries!
You forgot to send me the link!
I also had been pretty busy that I could not catch up with blog affairs:)
anyways, Thanks a lot for being a great host!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails