When looking for Avocado recipes, I stumbled upon this wonderful recipe of Avocado Poori at my blogger friend's blog. I made slight changes to it to suite my taste.
Avocado Poori - अवोकेडो पूरी (Avocado Fried Bed)
Avocado - 1, Ripe
Whole Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Ajwain (Carom Seeds) - 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 2 tbsp (to mix in pooris)
Oil - to deep fry
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and mash it lightly with a fork. I did not paste it all the way, but left very very small pieces which you can kind of see in my dough.
- Take the rest of the ingredients (except oil to deep fry) and mix well.
- Add avocado pulp and mix it well (don't start adding water at this step).
- Now, add warm water little by little and mix it into a smooth dough.
- Keep it aside for few minutes, covered.
- Once the oil for pooris is hot, pinch a small lemon size ball and roll it into a small circle of 3 inches in diameter or per your liking.
- Slowly add it in the hot oil and press it lightly with the ladle at the top, the poori should puff up.
- Cook it till both sides are golden brown about 15 seconds each side (usually).
- Drain on paper towel.
Serve it with any kind of gravy curry. Yum, yum, yum !!! I am sure you can prepare avocado roti also this way, have to try it out.
One thing to mention here is that if you eat poori, it had no indication of avocado, so good thing to sneak it into your kids' food, as usually kids love pooris :)
I am sending this to my own event Veggie/Fruit A Month - Avocado.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.