Rajasthani Dal Pakora - राजस्थानी दाल पकोड़ा (Rajasthani
Peeli Moong Dal (Yellow Split Moong Bean) - 1/4 cup
Sabut Moong (Green Whole Moong Bean) - 1/4 cup
Dhuli Urad Dal (Split Black Gram) - 1/4 cup
Chawli/Chori Dal (Adzuki Beans) - 1/4 cup
Chana Dal (Split Bengal Gram) - 1/4 cup
Green Chilies - 3-4, finely chopped or ground, as you prefer
Ginger - 1 tbsp, minced or ground, as you prefer
Garlic - 1 tbsp, minced or ground, as you prefer
Saunf (Fennel Seeds) - 2 tbsp, crushed slightly
Dhaniya (Coriander) Seeds - 2 tbsp, dry roasted and crushed slightly
Cilantro - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Heeng (Asafoetida) - 2 pinches
Salt - as per taste
Oil - for deep frying
- Rinse and soak all dals together for 4-6 hours.
- Grind the soaked dal coarsely. If you are grounding green chili, garlic and ginger, you can grind them with dal.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (except oil) to the ground dal mix.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or wok.
- Take a handful or ground batter and slowly slide it in the hot oil to make the fritters. Depending on your comfort level, you can use your hand or a large spoon for this work.
- Deep fry them well till they are golden brown.
- Drain them on paper before serving.
Serve it with your favorite chutney or sauce. Traditionally, it is served with spicy cilantro chutney.