Here is a recipe from one of my Gujarati friend (Pritesh), who had made this recipe one day like 2 years ago and I simply loved it and asked him for the recipe for Veggie/Fruit A Month - Corn event hosted by Akheela started by me. If you haven't already sent your recipes for this event, please do so.
If you have never tried anything like this before, please do try it, you will love it. I had never tasted this before and once I did, I just fell in love with it. Thanks Pritesh, I love you for this :)
Makai Kishi or Makai Bharta - मकई किशी और मकई भरता (Mashed Corn)
Corn - 1.5 cups (I used canned)
Garlic - 3-4 cloves, minced
Ginger - 1 inch piece, grated or minced.
Green Chillies - 2-3 or as per taste
Lemon juice - 1 tsp or as per taste
Sugar - 1/2 tsp or as per taste (I did not use this)
Salt - as per taste
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
- Prepare the paste of ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- If you are using fresh corn, just boil it 4-5 minutes and mash the corn in the mixer.
- Take Oil in the pan and add mustard seeds once the oil is heated.
- After it starts spluttering add the ginger/garlic/green chili paste and saute it for a minute.
- Then add the mashed corn, salt, sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Keep mixing it until it is dark yellow in color and there is no water left. Keep stirring it continuously (it took me about 7 minutes for this).
Serve it as a side dish with warm roti/paratha.
I am also sending this to
That's all for now. Take care till next post.