Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sevai Kheer - सेवई खीर (Rice Noodles Pudding)

Hello friends,


Hope everyone had a lovely and happy Rakhi yesterday. Here is the sweet I made that I am sharing with all of you. It is one of my family favorite. Enjoy !!!


Sevai Kheer - सेवई खीर (Rice Noodles Pudding)


Ingredients
Sevai (Vermicilli/Rice Noodles) - 2 cups
Milk - 6 cups
Sugar - 1.5 cups (adjust this amount to your liking, this quantity is usually likeable by all, but feel free to increase or decrease)
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1/3 cups
Kaju/Kishmish (Cashews/Golden Raisins) - 1 tbsp each, roasted in 1tbsp of ghee
Preparation

  • Take a heavy bottomed pan and boil milk in it.
  • Meanwhile, take the ghee in a frying pan and once it is hot, add broken sevai to it.
  • Roast till nice aroma comes from it and the color of sevai turns to almost golden brown. Remember, it roasts real quick, so keep an eye.
  • Once milk starts boiling, add roasted sevai to it, mix and let the sevai cook on slow flame. Takes about 15 min.
  • While cooking it will also absorb most of the milk. At this point, add sugar to it and mix well.
  • Once sugar is all dissolved, add roasted kaju/kishmish and mix well.
  • Adjust the amount of milk per your liking. I personally do not like it very thick or very runny, just perfect :)

Serving
Serve it WARM as dessert for either lunch or dinner. I sometimes just warm and eat it as a snack. Always feel free to add some milk before serving or warming as noodles have tendency to absorb all the milk.


That's all for now and take care till next post.

26 comments:

Swathi said...

Rice noodle kheer looks delicious.

Srividhya Ravikumar said...

lovely priya...drooling kheer.do visit my site at your convenience..

aipi said...

I also make it the same way..looks so creamy and delicious..!:)

ruchikacooks said...

Kheer looks delicious Priya!

Chetana Suvarna Ganatra said...

Hey Priya...my fav dessert...I absolutely love sevaiyan...thks for reminding me...don't know hw I missed making tis kheer since a long time.

Sayali said...

i luv sevai kheer...i am in india..visiting my parents..and mom made this one for me :)

Torviewtoronto said...

favourite looks delicious

Sweet Artichoke said...

Bring me a spoon, please, I am dipping into this yummy kheer,right now... :-) This is sooo tempting!!

Santosh Bangar said...

hi dekhte hi khane ko man kar raha hae. looking very yummy

Priya Suresh said...

Such a droolworthy and awesome looking sevai kheer, yummy..

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

happy rakhi... lovely sweet!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Loved the look of the Sewai Kheer. Must have been delicious in taste.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Elaichii said...

Great clicks! Looks like vermicili kheer!

chef and her kitchen said...

This is the easiest pudding one can ever make...looks yummy

Indian Cuisine Blogroll said...

Kheer looks delicious dear...

Ragini Miranda said...

Looks delicious!! I luv this dish !!

Akila said...

wow... delicious looking... i will take that glass dear...

http://akilaskitchen.blogspot.com

my life and spice said...

I love sevai Priya. Your pic made my mouth water.

Trupti said...

Looks delicious

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Great click and looks delicious dear....

Sum Raj said...

WOO WHAT A TEMPTING CLICK...NICE ONE..

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

love tht click priya...eye catchy...my all time fav...love tht sevai swimming in creamy n delicious milk bath...

Simplyfood said...

This kheer looks yummy and tasty.

sangeeta said...

beautiful sevai.....

loved the saunf tamatar paneer n chhole paneer you posted recently...

San said...

Kheer looks so decadent n i do it the same way as yours .It's a definite kheer on auspicious days to enjoy.

Malar Gandhi said...

Thanks for the warm greetings, dear. Good to catch up on with you all. Hope, things are well at your end.

Sevai Kheer looks delicious...its been long time, I tasted one' very appealing picture:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails