Hope everyone had a lovely and happy Rakhi yesterday. Here is the sweet I made that I am sharing with all of you. It is one of my family favorite. Enjoy !!!
Sevai Kheer - सेवई खीर (Rice Noodles Pudding)
Sevai (Vermicilli/Rice Noodles) - 2 cups
Milk - 6 cups
Sugar - 1.5 cups (adjust this amount to your liking, this quantity is usually likeable by all, but feel free to increase or decrease)
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1/3 cups
Kaju/Kishmish (Cashews/Golden Raisins) - 1 tbsp each, roasted in 1tbsp of ghee
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and boil milk in it.
- Meanwhile, take the ghee in a frying pan and once it is hot, add broken sevai to it.
- Roast till nice aroma comes from it and the color of sevai turns to almost golden brown. Remember, it roasts real quick, so keep an eye.
- Once milk starts boiling, add roasted sevai to it, mix and let the sevai cook on slow flame. Takes about 15 min.
- While cooking it will also absorb most of the milk. At this point, add sugar to it and mix well.
- Once sugar is all dissolved, add roasted kaju/kishmish and mix well.
- Adjust the amount of milk per your liking. I personally do not like it very thick or very runny, just perfect :)
Serve it WARM as dessert for either lunch or dinner. I sometimes just warm and eat it as a snack. Always feel free to add some milk before serving or warming as noodles have tendency to absorb all the milk.
That's all for now and take care till next post.