The following recipe is inspired by this one.
Greek Oven Roasted Potatoes
Potatoes - 2 red potatoes (the recipe asks for red ones but I only had Yukon Gold)
Garlic - 2 cloves minced finely
Salt - as per taste
Black Pepper - as per taste
Lemon Juice - as per taste
Dried Oregano - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
- Dice or slice potatoes to the shape you like. If you like, feel free to leave the skin on (but don't forget to thoroughly wash them)
- Boil it in salted water just for 6 minutes (don't overcook it, it is very important).
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degree F
- Toss some salt and pepper along with 1 tbsp oil in the drained and boiled potatoes.
- Spread the mixed potatoes in a baking pan or foil and cook for about 30 minutes, by turning and mixing potatoes every 5-10 minutes
- Once the potatoes are somewhat golden or brown colored, take them in a plate or bowl and sprinkle oregano, minced garlic and lemon juice. Adjust salt/pepper, if needed.
Enjoy these as a side dish with anything. My son had these with parathas and let me tell you these are now one of his favorites.
Till next post, take care.