Nimki - निमकी (Cookies made out of whole wheat or all purpose flour)
Aata (Whole Wheat Flour) or Maida (All Purpose Flour) - 1 cup (I used aata for this one as I prefer this as it is a whole grain)
Butter/Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1/4 cup melted
Kala Jeera (Nigella Seeds) - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Water - to make the dough
Oil - To deep fry
- Add salt in aata and mix well.
- Add ghee and mix well in the salt.
- Add water slowly (as needed) and mix it into a firm dough.
- Leave it covered for about 1/2 - 1 hour.
- Roll it into a regular chapati size
- cut them in small diamond shapes using a pizza cutter or if you have a nimki cutter.
- Fry them till golden brown in hot oil
My son loves to eat them anytime of the day I allow him...lol
As I made these with whole wheat flour, I am also sending this in for Show Me Your Whole Grains event.
Till next post, take care,