What a good way to start the weekend with this yummy breakfast. Let me share the recipe with you. My pic looks little mushy as by mistake I brought thin poha instead of thick one and here is the consequence.
Pohe - पोहे (Puffed Rice)
Poha (Puffed Rice) - 2 cups
Onion - 1/2 cup (sliced or chopped as you prefer)
Potato - 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Green Peas - 1/2 cup
Tomatoes - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Green Chillies - 2-3 finely sliced
Cilantro - 1/2 cup for garnishing
Rai(Mustard Seeds) - 1 tsp
Jeera (Cumin Seeds) - 1 tsp
Haldi (Tumeric Powder) - 1 tsp
Dhaniya (Coriander) Powder - 1 tsp
Jeera (Cumin) Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Aloo Bhujiya (Haldiram) or Plain Sev - for garnishing
- Wash and drain poha for about 30 minutes before cooking. Use the thick kind of poha or else it will get all mushy.
- Take a wide pan and add oil
- Add rai, jeera and let them splutter
- Add green chillies and fry for few seconds
- Add onion and fry for a min.
- Add potatoes and peas and cover and let onion/potatoes/peas get cooked (may be about 2-3 min.)
- Add all dry masalas and fry for another min.
- Add tomatoes and cilantro and mix well and fry for another minute
- Now, finally mix poha in this and it is ready to be served
Usually, we eat this as a breakfast or an evening snack kind of thing. My son and husband like to sprinkle some aloo bhujiya or sev on top of it and eat it with some yogurt on the side.
- Many people do not like to mix tomatoes while cooking and just sprinkle them at the top right before eating.
- Some people also like to add finely chopped onion at the top as an addition to adding them inside.
- So, feel free to make it yours with your very own changes.
This is very preferred and enjoyed weekend breakfast for us.
This entry is going towards, JIHVA - Breakfast which was originally started by Indira and to the event Sunday Snacks - Healthy Snacks hosted by Divya.
This also goes to CFK - Breakfast hosted by Bhagyashri, originally started by Sharmi of Neivedyam
Till, next post, take care and have a wonderul weekend.