I wish it was a better and sunny morning outside, but never the less, there is enough sunshine and happiness inside the house to compensate :)
Had to wake up as usual @ about 4 am or so due to my little one. Tried to put him back to sleep, but he was finally up by 5:45 am and did not want to go back to sleep, so that was my final wake-up call. Lol.
Had some coffee and a fruit and then went to do a nice and refreshing 30 minute workout at my favorite "Curves".
Back and made this wonderful breakfast I am sharing you with. It is called "Bread and Sooji Ka Pizza". It is not exactly a pizza as you don't have to put it in oven (or at least I haven't tried doing this), but sure looks like one :)
When I was a kid, my Sharada Mausi made it and I remember eating it, then I had it @ my friend Preeti's place when I visited her in Seattle. Then, my Manju didi made it and finally I was like ok I like it a lot and now I have to start making it...lol. So, here is it.
This is one of the easiest and quickest breakfast. It takes about 10 min. to prepare the spread and about 10 more min. to prepare the bread pizza. And guess what, it is fun and kids would love it, even though it can be loaded with veggies :)
I am also sending it for Jihva - Breakfast, March 2010 (Main Announcement)
Bread and Sooji Ka Pizza (Bread और सूजी का पिज्जा)
Bread - 5 medium slices (I try to use bronw bread, but you can use any kind)
Sooji (Semolina) - 1 cup
Dahi (Yorgurt) - 1 cup
Onion (Finely Chopped) - 1/2 cup
Tomatoes (Finely Chopped) - 1/2 cup
Green Bell Pepper (Finaly Chopped) - 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp (you can substitute it with finelly chopped 2 green chillies, if you like that better)
Oil/Buuter - For frying
Note: You can use any number of veggies in this all finely chopped (carrots for sure) to prepare the spread.
- Mix all ingredients except bread and mix well. (The spread will look like above).
- Heat tawa (Griddle). Add little oil/butter to the griddle. Make sure the tawa is not super hot.
- Now, spread the sooji mix (from the step above) to the bread (almost to the same thickness as bread).
- Put the bread on the griddle with spread side down on the griddle.
- Let it get nicely fried on that side. Make sure your tawa is not super hot, or else the spread won't get cooked (fried) all the way. It should take about 1.5-2 minutes.
- Flip the bread and fry it on the other side as well for about 30 seconds.
- That's all, all done.
Serve it hot with your favorite ketchup or maggie hot and sweet sauce. It tastes better with sauce or katchup than anything else.
Hope you will try it and like it.
So, till next post, take care.