Here is another attempt at baking. I am glad they came out well. I had seen the recipe in many different places, so was confident to go ahead with it.
My son wanted to make them with cookie cutters that he chose, which were as you can see of shape - car, plane and a gingerbread man. With boys, everything is car and plane... lol I am sure a girl would have chosen something like flower or in those lines.
All Purpose Flour - 2 cups
Butter - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Beat butter with a hand blender or your kitchen aid till it is nice and soft.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla to it and beat till everything is pale.
- Add flour to it till, it forms a dough.
- Make it into a thick disc shape and wrap it in plastic and chill for an hour before baking with it.
- Take it out of the plastic, roll it to your desired thickness (about 1/4") on a lightly floured surface and cut into desired shapes.
- Place these shapes once again in fridge for about 15 min before baking.
- Bake them in 350 degree F oven for 8-10 minutes or till the edges start to lightly brown.
- Take them out on a cooling rack and let it cool for few min.
Do I even need to tell you how to serve. I just have a box full in the middle of my breakfast bar and everyone picks up one every time they pass it... lol
I am sending this to Champa's Friday Bake-off event.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.