Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ghiya ka Raita - घीया का Raita (Bottle Gourd Raita) of Pushpa

Hello friends,


I don't have it too long in my bookmark list (I have some from like a year ago, sorry folks). But, I had my ghiya (Lauki or Bottle Gourd) handy and I wanted to try something different with it. So, here was my delicious rescuer,  Ghiya ka Raita - घीया का raita (Bottle Gourd Raita) of Pushpa. You have got to check her other recipes too, I have few more bookmarked, so will be posting them too soon (hopefully).


Pushpa, this is now a family favorite when it comes to Raita. My husband could not even guess it was bottle gourd, he says "may be onion" :)




You guys have to check out the recipe and may be try it out soon. It is very very easy to whip up. I would say about 15 min. from start to finish including prepping and pouring it in serving bowl... lol


This is my entry to Aipi and my Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday - Volume 19 edition and Hearth and Soul Hop - Volume 26

That's all for now. Take care.

14 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious raita looks wonderful
Priya check out the event in my site

swapna said...

love any kind of raita...looks delicious!!

AJ said...

Lovely!! This raita is lip-smacking!!

Padma said...

Healthy and delicious raita.

Swathi said...

Looks delicious Raita . I have seen it pushpa's blog.

Tahemeem said...

I tried it... turned out wonderful :)

Tanvi@Sinfully Spicy said...

Would taste wonderful with some stuffed parathas!!

a moderate life said...

Hi Priya! I love to hear recipes for fruits and vegetables that I have never eaten before. I have grown bottle gourds but never eaten them, only dried them to use for birdhouses! This is a very interesting recipe. I adore any type of raita, so I may try this next summer when I have some gourds! Thanks for sharing on the hearth and soul hop this week! All the best, Alex@amoderatelife

Pushpa said...

Thankyou so much Priya,I am glad you liked it.

Shobha said...

Hmm .. looks gr8.
My hubby does not eat Ghiya. Maybe I should try out this way to make him eat.

aipi said...

that looks n sounds so refreshing!

Gayathri Kumar said...

Very nice recipe..

sanju said...

Looks so yummy

Krishnaveni said...

my fav raitha, looks yum

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails