I love Indo-Chinese food and in that too, I like Machurian dish as both curry and appetizer.
I have had the chance of reading, a lot of my blogger friends post this Gobhi Manchurian - Cauliflower in Tangy and Spicy Sauce recipe. So, I got inspired by all, I have made it little dry and as an appetizer. It came out really well (not restaurant kind of great), but great for someone who was making it first time.
Here is how I did it. Enjoy !!!
Gobhi Manchurian - गोभी मंचूरियन (Cauliflower in Tangy and Spicy Sauce)
To Prepare Gobhi (Cauliflower) pieces
Gobhi (Cauliflower) Florets - 1 small cauliflower cut in florts of your desired size, but don't cut them too big and kept in salted boiling water for about 15 minutes.
Maida (All Purpose Flour) - 2 tbsp
Makai Ka Aata (Corn Flour ) - 2 tbsp
Salt - as per taste
Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger and Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Water - to make the batter
Oil - to deep free florets
To Prepare Manchurian Sauce
Onion - 1/2 cup, sliced (like to see my onion slices, so didn't fine slice them)
Green Bell Pepper - 1 medium to large sized depending on how much bell pepper you want, sliced.
Ginger - Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Green Chili - 2, finely chopped or feel free to use paste, if you do not want chili pieces in mouth
Vinegar - 2 tsps (feel free to adjust based on its strength)
Soy Sauce - 2 tsps (feel free to adjust based on its strength)
Chili Sauce - 1 tbsp (or how much hot you want your dish to be)
Tomato Sauce or Ketchup - 2 tbsps (adjust based on your taste)
Oil - to stir fry onion/peppers
Spring Onions - to garnish
- Prepare cauliflower florets by keeping them in boiling water for 15 minutes (with heat switched off)
- Now, mix everything else under "To Prepare Gobhi (Cauliflower) pieces" with little water to make a thick batter.
- Now, drain and pat dry cauliflower florets and coat them with the batter made above.
- Heat oil and deep fry these batter coated florets till golden brown.
- Drain and keep them separate.
- Now, take a non stick pan and add little oil.
- Add ginger/garlic and chili to the oil and fry for few seconds (about 30 seconds).
- Add onion and bell pepper slices to it and stir fry them for few min. They shouldn't be soft, but just crunchy and nicely fried.
- Now, add all sauces to make the sauce and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Adjust the sauces based on your taste.
- Now, add the fried florets to it and coat them nicely with all the florets.
- Take it in a serving bowl and sprinkle spring onions before serving them.
We just had it as an evening snack with our coffee :) So, serve it as an appetizer or snack or if you make it more saucy, serve it as a curry with some hot fried rice.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.