Here is one of the very healthy things to do with Moong Dal (Lentils/Beans). It is a very famour Andhra Dosa (Crepes) called Pesarattu. I love them. They are very healthy and very filling too. And, here is how I make them.
Pesarattu - Moong Dal Dosa - मूंग दाल दोसा (Mung Bean Crepes)
Whole Moong Dal (Green Moong Bean) - 1 cup (Washed and Soaked in water for 7-8 hours)
Adrakh (Ginger) - 2 inch piece, chopped in rough pieces
Hari Mirch (Green Chilies) - 2-3 (or as per your liking)
Salt - as per taste
Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Oil - Anykind, for making dosas (crepes)
- Grind everything together except onion.
- Now, there are 2 ways of using onion in this thing. You can either mix chopped onion in the dosa batter itself or use it as a stuffing after the dosa is made.
- To reduce my work, I mixed it in the batter itself.
- Now, heat a non-stick griddle.
- Sprinkle very little oil (as it is non-stick griddle already).
- Take a big spoonful of (I use the steel one with the round bottom) the batter, pour it on the griddle and spread it in a big circle (go as think as you can, don't overdo, or it would not come out of the griddle). Sprinke little on the dosa and on the sides as well (very little).
- Depending on the heat of your stove, it will be take 30-60 seconds to golden brown and then you can flip it and roast the other side for few more seconds. You don't need to roast this side for that long.
- Now, flip it back so that the more golden brown part is on the bottom. This is where you will stuff onions if you haven't already mixed it in the batter.
- Cover the dosa in half (just like in the picture).
Serve the dosa warm with your favorite chutney or sambar or both, as you like :) I will post the chutney recipe later, for the one that you see in the picture.
I am sending this to my own MLLA # 30 which was started by Susan.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.