Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bhindi Ki Kadhi - भिन्डी की कढ़ी (Fried Okra in Yogurt Coconut Sauce)

Hello Friends,


Today, I am going to break my record. This is my 3rd post of the day. I want to save it for the next week, but couldn't resist.


This is another one of my bookmarked recipes, but this time from a non-blogger friend, Rekha, who made this delicious Bhindi Ki Kadhi - भिन्डी की कढ़ी (Fried Okra in Yogurt Coconut Sauce) recipe. I went gaga over it. My husband doesn't like bhindi, but he liked the gravy part of it. I requested her for the recipe and when I did, she mentioned that she actually got it from a blog, which happens to be my friend Malar's Blog. What a small world, right? :)


So, thanks Rekha and Aparna for this wonderful recipe. We loved it. I ate all my delicious bhindis and N and A enjoyed their kadhi with their usual topping of "spicy boondi". That is a staple in our house, if kadhi does not have pakodis in it. The only change I made from the recipe (because Rekha did and I loved it), was to make it of kadhi's consistency, instead of a thick curry gravy like Aparna. Please do visit her blog for the whole of recipe. You would love the rich taste of cashew - coconut paste in this kadhi :)



This is my second entry to Aipi and my Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday - Volume 19 edition and Hearth and Soul Hop - Volume 26.

I am also sending it to Priya's CMT - Daal/Kadhi/Sambar/Rasam which is started by Jagruti.


That's all for now. Take care.

36 comments:

sra said...

Hi Priya! I like bhindi ki kadhi too, though I've had it only a few times. On another note, I wish we had been able to eat in someone's house in Rajasthan, because all the thalis in the hotels served more or less the same thing and there were hardly any veggies except potatoes. I enjoyed my food, anyway!

Priya Sreeram said...

yummy and i particularly liked the bhindi part- never added bhindis in kadhi! bookmarked !

aipi said...

i think the texture came out really great, have heard about it but never really tried, so thanks for sharing..bookmarking:)

US Masala

Treat and Trick said...

Looks so creamy, love this combo and surely tasted yummy...

Satya said...

kadhi looks super yummy ..delicious
Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Tahemeem said...

I will surely try this :)

Pari Vasisht said...

I make this too and love it with rice, good texture surely.
FOODELICIOUS

Vidya Chandrahas said...

Bhindi kadhi sounds delicious.

Sushma Mallya said...

Never heard abt this kadi anytime but looks very delicious and worth giving a try...

Pavani said...

creamy n delicious recipe..

Veggie Hut said...

never thought of this.. Bhindi kadhi... unusual..

Nithu Bala said...

Delicious one Dear..

divya said...

Wow, that looks superb !!!

Santosh Bangar said...

looks mouthwatering kadi with new version pf bhindi in kardi

Priya Suresh said...

Kadhi looks sooo tempting that too with my fav..drooling here..

Suja Manoj said...

Looks super yummy..will surely try this.

Swathi said...

Bhindi ki kadhi looks delicious. I need to try this.

Kavita Srivastava said...

Very Nice ... haven't eaten smthg like this before ... Will try it soon

Indian Cuisine Blogroll said...

that looks yummy..will try some day...

FewMinute Wonders said...

I like bhindi anything. the kadhi looks delicious. nice that you have tried out other recipes and blogged about it.

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Kadhi looks delicious priya!!!! i too love the taste of bhindi!! thanks for sharing with CMT!!!

Pushpa said...

Looks very yummy Priya,love the texture of the Kadhi you got.Mouthwatering.

my life and spice said...

New to me, am definitely going to try it out!

Namitha said...

Kadhi is always comforting

Madhavi said...

I love okra in kadhi, delicious!!!

Krishnaveni said...

delicious recipe, looks yum

Aparna S Mallya said...

3 posts in a day?! OMG girl, how do you manage with a toddler at home??

R said...

looks like u r on a roll yet again :)) nice recipe, and u r right, small world!

AJ said...

Yumm!! I love this kadhi - any kadhi is great especially in the cold winter!!

Tanvi@Sinfully Spicy said...

I have never seen bhindi in a kadhi..but it sounds such a good idea.Thanks for putting up this recipe!

Unknown said...

Looks delicious! Always loved Kadi :-)

Unknown said...

Bhindi and yogurt make a great combo! Looks delicious Priya.

a moderate life said...

Hi priya! Wow, you have been busy in the kitchen! In the future, we only take one link per blog now, but since this lovely okra recipe is up,i will certainly share it and thank you for posting on the hearth and soul hop this week! Alex

Sweet Artichoke said...

I have never tried bhindi in yogurt gravy, that sounds very delicious! bookmarked!

BongMom said...

Priya

Can we make bhindi ki kadhi like regular kadhi, I mean no cashew-coconut etc. ?

I love bhindi and I love the regular kadhi but never mixed the two

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Sorry Priya,
i recd. your entry in my mailbox.
i have included now!!! Thanks for letting me know!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails